Anyone find the color selection on WP8 uninspiring?

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
With the myriad of color choices out there, the colors chosen as "accents" are a bit bland and uninspiring. I know where the inspiration for the overall look has come from, but considering how big the color spectrum is, maybe not only MSFT, but other companies should really consider the gamut of colors for their screens and OS. Really surprised that there isn't an option to choose my own accent color.

What to you think?

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree cant be that hard to implement a colour selector into it, so you can choose from millions of colours

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

Daakkon

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish I would be able to choose the brightness for the color I pic. Even on low screen brightness some colors are blinding to the eye.

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Now having the available accents switch automatically based on mood (and that could be determined by certain keywords triggered in text msgs, twitter, or facebook postings would be cool. Still more colors or at the least a way to choose my own accent color would be better.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It has been stated that using certain colors will over saturate the text on the start screen and everywhere else making it hard to see. That's why some colors are not fully that color.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Certainly there aren't a lot of colours to choose from and no way of making custom ones. That said, I really like the Teal that I'm using at the moment. It also has the effect of toning down the screen brightness a bit compared to the O2 theme (light blue) that the phone had set when I got it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of teal so I'm good. But I certainly don't begrudge anyone who's color isn't available. Maybe it will give someone an idea for an app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb