- 02-27-2013, 02:02 AM #1
Yes, a notification center is needed, but along with it we need more control over the current notifications. Right now the control is ZERO. It's either 'turn on notifications' or just turn them off. Take two apps as example: IM+ and the new Twitter app.
Both these apps will give you a 1) toast 2) live tile counter 3) sound.
I want to be able to control that. I don't want sounds over a Twitter notification, maybe I don't even want a toast? What if I just want the live tile counter? What if I only want the toast? I don't know if it's the OS limitation but I've not seen any app that gives this kind of control. They are able to control sound effects within the app, but when it's closed the app is at the OS's mercy.
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM #2
- 167 Posts
Agreed! I would love to be able to have my phone ring for phone calls and texts, but VIBRATE-ONLY for emails. Currently can't be done. Seems simple enough to implement. I don't need my phone beeping every 5 minutes (I get a lot of emails), so I have to select a silent email ringtone, then turn on my screen to check all the time. Vibrate-only for emails would be huge!
- By mmacleodbrown in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2012, 05:12 AM
- By enahs555 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-25-2011, 12:46 PM
- By pirarre in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 4Last Post: 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
- By cdub66 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
- By action_efn_jackson in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-28-2011, 04:21 PM