I Love My Windows Phone !!!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
a revitalized thread from the past!

just wanted to share that , regardless of all of the swirling negativity... i love my windows phone.... i really do. people complain about notifications? i don't even need notifications with live tiles... it works better for me, not to mention lock screen notifications! people complain about xbox music? i actually love xbox music, it is the best looking UI on any media manager i have ever used. not too mention, i love its features, like smart dj! which works better than genius playlist on itunes! not too mention the ability to opt in for subscription music. people complain about deeper customization and custom alerts? really? i never understood this one... im not going to purchase a phone for this ability, i personally would never use it anyway. i customized my androids to my little hearts content , and all it brought was lag and forced closes. people complain about apps? what apps? windows marketplace is sporting over 130,000 of them. i have all the apps i could possibly need for now, plus we have a consistent UI. and decent replacements for the ones missing. this phone is the most fluent, silky smooth, original phone on the market boasting one of the best cell phone cameras ever made and keyboard that is joy to use! everything I NEED is right on the front line giving me information at a glance. and the live tile animation makes looking at it FUN! point being, i love my windows phone.

summary..... i was listening to windows weekly podcast this morning, on twit.tv and even paul thurrot was complaining about MS. and brought up some valid points that began to sway me. and i started thinking, yea he's right! MS is screwing us! then i calmed down, and realized that opinions are like _____ , everyone has one. their ranting because that's what they get paid to do. i've used ios, android, blackberry, and now windows phone. my 920 gets Sh!t done.... period.

so dont listen to all the negativity, stay optimistic. and until the day this phone doesn't do what i need? why leave? why buy into to all this hype? we have adopted what we believe in for a reason. no one in here could be considered tech ignorant. the same cannot be said for probably 75% of android and iphone users... they bought into hype, charisma, and popularity. LETS TAKE A STAND! I SAY , BE GLAD TO BE DIFFERENT! SO IN THE NAME OF HONOR AND LOYALTIY, TELL THE WORLD HOW WE LOVE OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!

( CROWD SCREAMING ):confused::grincry::winktongue::grin::excited::confused::cool::shocked::amaze:

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Agree with you 100%! I too truly love my windows phone, and like you, it does exactly what I need when I need it! Wicked smooth and wicked quick! It may not be perfect, but its perfect for me!

My name is Jerry and this is my Windows phone!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Can I jump on this bandwagon too, please? Seriously, I truly enjoy using my WP as is today. Everything else rumored or coming in the future is just gravy!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll play the role of the "downer" here, to a small extent. I'll say that I also love my Lumia 920, and was glad to get away from Android and HTC after 2 years of annoyances.

Notification Center: I also have no real desire for an Android-like notification center. I was SICK of having it say that I had e-mails on GMail, an account that I was FORCED to set up for the device. I had no interest in reading those e-mails, so telling me that they existed wasted my time. I also hated getting told to update the pre-installed bloatware apps (like Slacker, Facebook, Twitter, and more) that I didn't want on the device.

Xbox Music: I don't have an issue with the WINDOWS PHONE program. My issues (and I think most of them as a whole) are on the Windows 8/RT version of the software, which is a mess. I like the player on the phone just fine, though I wish it didn't treat the actual player and the menu as two separate applications. On my Zune HD, you could go to Now Playing, go back, and it would take you to the folder you selected the music from. If you don't leave both tasks running on Windows Phone (and leave them running next to one another), that won't happen. You also can't delete music from the device, and not enough artists have HD images on the platform, so having the lockscreen change according to your current artist is a waste, unless you are willing to take a LONG time to pair images via MPATool. As an actual UI and player though, Xbox Music is perfectly fine. Oh, and SmartDJ? I like it on my Zune, but requiring the Xbox Music Pass to use the function on Windows Phone annoys me. I'd like to use it within my own music library like I could before.

Customization: Right with you. I didn't care about rooting and altering Android. I always felt that I shouldn't need to go take a tutorial on such a thing just to make the device run acceptably-well. Having Windows Phone allow me to delete the crapware apps and not have EVERYTHING run in the background is MUCH better to me.

Apps: There needs to be a little bit of a reality check on this one, sorry. Yeah, there are 130,000 apps, but there are a lot of BASIC conveniences that we're still waiting on. I'm not talking about Instagram alone (I don't care about that AT ALL), but Google's refusal to support the platform is a negative, as is the lack of Trillian (a superior IM client to IM+, and I use Trillian on my Windows 8 PC over IM+, which was VERY crash-prone) and MLB.TV (the only other app I can say I REALLY want, along with Trillian). Then you get to just how many franchises Microsoft could make games for (starting with Halo and going on for about 2 dozen titles), and I have to sadly admit that while I have enough to entertain me, it's still disappointing to have so much wasted potential sitting out after almost 5 months. The statement that Pandora was to come in early-2013 is unfulfilled, and that they couldn't get Data Sense going with AT&T by now is just obnoxious.

So I'll end with this: I didn't get a Windows Phone to be different. I got it because I've been on Xbox LIVE for almost a decade, and the allure of Xbox gaming on the platform was a BIG thing for me, but it's fallen well short of expectations (especially since I refuse to buy EA titles). I also bought into Windows Phone for the preferred UI and live tiles, which work mostly as-advertised. I am very pleased with my hardware AND software, though both have plenty of things to get better at (Microsoft-made games on the software side, and I'd love some more storage than the fixed 32 GB on my Lumia 920).

All told, I'd probably give my current experience on the platform a 7/10 or an 8/10. That's not great, but it's pretty solid, and when I'm coming from an Android experience that was a 5 AT ITS BEST TIMES (while being more of a 3 or 4 overall), I have to say that I'm extremely pleased with the switch I made, but I expect some MAJOR advances by the end of 2013.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much same. There are some downsides, but most of them arn't really even close to being a problem for me. App gap? Even if they were available I probably wouldn't use more than a few that I already have.

The only thing I miss from my N8 is FM transmitter.. Especially when the SoC has capability to do it, but WP8 doesn't. Let's hope they get it in at some point.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I would let you know that you can delete songs. Lol

How? I've made multiple attempts to. Does it have to be done song-by-song? I don't remember if I've tried that, but it's a TERRIBLE way to go about deleting an entire artist from a device. My Zune HD (if I remember correctly) will let you take a whole artist out of your library from the device, if you wish.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much same. There are some downsides, but most of them arn't really even close to being a problem for me. App gap? Even if they were available I probably wouldn't use more than a few that I already have.

The only thing I miss from my N8 is FM transmitter.. Especially when the SoC has capability to do it, but WP8 doesn't. Let's hope they get it in at some point.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd like more Xbox LIVE-enabled games, but it's not like I have time to play them. I'm trying to get through Gun Bros. still, then I have Skulls of the Shogun after (which I'm only a couple of levels into). Then, over on my Xbox, I've got MLB 2K12 to finish, as this year's iteration is out on Tuesday. Then I'm still only about halfway through BioShock 2 and have several other versions of the MLB 2K and NBA 2K franchises I'd like to finish up achievements on. I just got Minecraft completed last night, and I've got just 2 more to do on Gun Bros. (though they are VERY long ones), so I've got more than enough to entertain myself with.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
we get app crazy, but truth of the matter is, once we have them, we dont use them... its just the idea of having all the apps we like... once you get over that , you're good to go!

i would be willing to be most people with an iphone or android only use 3-4 apps regularly, the rest just sit there... for bragging rights.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
we get app crazy, but truth of the matter is, once we have them, we dont use them... its just the idea of having all the apps we like... once you get over that , you're good to go!

i would be willing to be most people with an iphone or android only use 3-4 apps regularly, the rest just sit there... for bragging rights.

Yes i think you are spot on there, I probably use only a few regular apps, the rest are useful but not essential
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire