Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Would you like to have that kind of notification option?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

89 93.68%
  • No.

6 6.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    Hello folks, I'm writing in the name of all users from wpslovenija, a slovenian site about WP.

Our member came up with an idea of a reminder for notifications that could be used by (almost) all devices. The concept is, when you get an email, text message or you miss a call, the Start (middle capacitive button) or other buttons would start to blink, either once, twice, or multiple times for an user-defined amount of time (10min, 30min, 1h, infinite). This could either be a 3rd party app, or even an update from Microsoft, which would enable this feature.
    I'm not familiar with restrictions of the system, which restrict access to that piece of hardware, or of there is even an API for that, but maybe there is a chance that it could be developed.

So, what do you think? It could replace the LED lights on the top IMO.. :)

Greetings from everyone!
    Thanked by:
    Sounds like a good idea I would love to see it, you should look into it and maybe built a app.
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I would better see my led light working instead of this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That would be a great app. Missing repeated notification in WP8, is a terrible issues.
    However, I don't think start led could blink indipendently from others two, at least in Lumia 920 and I don't think that WP SDK allow this.
    But I think you can power on the screen directly or by a notification toast or something like that.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Some people come up with some of the worst ideas, but I have to say, I *love* this idea. One thing I miss from my BB days was being able to see if I had a message at a glance from across the room.
    Thanked by:
    avsef 

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    If I can Disable it , then why not ! If not , then Thank You But No Thank you !

I had that in my old Nokia E75 & it drove me nuts !

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    My thoughts to that idea are that you could enable or disable it, or even that you could enable/disable it for specific type of notifications, like enabled only for calls and texts; to make it customizable as much as possible. Sounds Android-like, but why not?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I can see my already disappointing battery lasting even less......
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    I can see my already disappointing battery lasting even less......
    so waking up your phone to see if you missed anything everytime doesn't waste battery.
    Thanked by:
    avsef 

I was thinking that they should make the home button fade in and out with its light for notifications.
    realwarder likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I'd love to see this idea take off

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    I think that that little LEDs under the capacitive buttons consume less battery than a few hundred thousand pixels that have to be powered on to see if there's a notification..
    Thanked by:

They need to come up with something. The fact that I have to pick up and unlock my phone to see if there's any notifications is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucePolicy View Post
    They need to come up with something. The fact that I have to pick up and unlock my phone to see if there's any notifications is sad.
    Could not agree more. Greatly miss this feature from my old Blackberry.

They need to add function to call your home phone to alert you that you get some notifications in your mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucePolicy View Post

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    The capacitive buttons have only one light for the most part, not three....nice idea though

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    The capacitive buttons have only one light for the most part, not three....nice idea though
    Then I'm ok with all three lights lighting up.. Especially if its a user defined option.

its the only way to do it!
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I remember we could do this on a Nexus S; make the capacitive buttons light up for a notification. Didn't really have any effect on the battery.

Any such option needs to be an option.

I like the idea of the buttons glowing pulsating, but it needs to be an option as not all people like things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MDboyz View Post
    They need to add function to call your home phone to alert you that you get some notifications in your mobile phone.
    People still have home phones? I haven't had one since I moved out of my parents house ten years ago.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    I've been asking for this ever since I had a WP7 device. It'd be nice if they'd add different color LEDs for the capacitive buttons.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Banned

It should also have a fog machine and lasers so every time you get a message from your girlfriend, room fills up with smoke and red lasers.

When you get one frmo your boss, it's black smoke and when one from your gay bud, it's cyan.
    Ranak Mann likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Brilliant, just as long as it can be customized

Sounds interesting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast