XBox music on new phone

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I just replaced my 822 with an 8x (awesome, btw). Of course, I put on some apps, but have not connected it to my computer yet. I have Win8 on my computer and thousands of songs. When I look at the music on my phone, it looks like a lot (not all) of my music (streaming) is on my phone. It's not that I really mind, maybe even kind of cool, but it just seems weird. I have all the default settings and probably it's because the Xbox cloud collection switch is ON. No need to discuss the zune vs. xbox music here, as there are plenty of threads about that, haha.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It's the cloud collection option. Since you have a Windows 8 machine, your Microsoft account found out what music you own (or have previously downloaded with a Xbox Music Pass), and stored that information on the cloud. Your phone sync'd that information based on the cloud collection switch. This does not mean, however, that the music is physically on your phone. It's just a link to stream. To be able to play that music offline, you still either have to download the songs via the store on the phone, or transfer them over from your computer.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
xbox music looks nice, but it still needs a lot of improvement... I spoke to MS reps about this and they explained that it is still a very young software and that there are major updates in the works....

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
xbox music looks nice, but it still needs a lot of improvement... I spoke to MS reps about this and they explained that it is still a very young software and that there are major updates in the works....
Whew. I'm glad you told them that. They probably didn't think it needs fixing until you told them.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yes, it needs some work to get it back to zune quality, but I found that it works better on Windows 8 than 7. And the cloud storage is a pretty nice feature.

Dave Marks

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I'm really at a lost how I can't seem to follow the XBOX MUSIC PASS instructions on a phone.

I just activated the Xbox Music Pass trial and want to try it out on my Nokia 920. But following the posted MS instructions really throws me...
Anyway, I got to the Music + Video area of my phone. But Xbox Music Pass doesn't show up on 'New' page.

How do I associate my Xbox Music Pass to this phone?

Thanks

--------------------------------
Get the Xbox Music Pass on your Windows Phone

You can associate the Xbox Music Pass with a combination of four different devices, including your Windows Phone. For information about using the Xbox Music Pass with other computers or devices, see Xbox Music Pass for computers and devices

Here?s how to get the Xbox Music Pass on your Windows Phone:

On Start, tap Music + Videos.
Flick to New, and then tap Xbox Music Pass.
Sign in, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
--------------------------------------

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Go to Music & Videos. Click menu buttons go to Settings. Go to Xbox Music Account Settings. Or, you can do it on a computer at xbox.com

Dave Marks

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
That's just it gapost. I've been there to that a few days ago. Tells me to logon, I do. It knows that I have a Music Pass set to expire May 1st. When I touch "Manage Music Devices", it loads a page that tells me that "You do not have any devices associated with your Music Pass subscription." No other option other than the DONE key to press.

I don't need to also subscribe to the Xbox Live Silver Membership in conjunction with the 30-day Music Pass Trial, do I?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3