Photos Sent to SkyDrive are not Showing Up in SkyDrive

JeffOnWire

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I go to the camera role, select a photo, tap the "More" icon, choose "save to SkyDrive", enter a caption then tap the send button. I go back to the home menu, slide to the right to go to apps, tap on the SkyDrive app and look for the photo. It's been about 7 hours and the photos haven't shown up. The phone seems to be otherwise working fine. I'm connected to WiFi and have 3 of 5 bars of cellular coverage. If I tap photos then settings I see my SkyDrive is on...I tap SkyDrive to reach the SKYDRIVE STORAGE options and see that I have "Best quality (needs Wi-Fi) selected for both photos and videos. Just a moment ago I used my laptop to upload a new photo to SkyDrive...I checked the SkyDrive app on the phone and the photo is there.

Why aren't my photos sent from my camera roll going to skydrive?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes if you back out too fast from the upload, it doesn't go through for some reason. Wait a few seconds after you hit send and see the disappearing animation before you hit home or back button.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Just turn on auto upload in photos options. With best quality/wifi only it won't affect data plan and they auto upload in background. No need to manually do it. If you still have problems, make sure all your other ms services are working. And it could always be a problem on MS. From what I've been reading in blogs there seem to be some random issues with services intermittently. Doesn't appear wide spread or to last long. Other than that, ???????

JeffOnWire

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I did try going back and waited beyond the disappearing animation...no luck. The animation completes and the screen returns to just displaying the picture. I did this a couple times last night and checked the SkyDrive again this morning.

JeffOnWire

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I did turn on auto upload last night and have been in my home WiFi coverage all night. No luck. Everything else on the phone seems to be working OK; although I've never had a Windows phone before, so it could well be that something isn't working but I'm not noticing it because I don't miss it.

JeffOnWire

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
OK, I finally figured out what was going on...more or less. Deleted the SkyDrive app, restarted the phone and found much to my horror that I could still save photos to SkyDrive. How does this happen with no SkyDrive on the phone? Dug down in to settings and "email + accounts" and found some account with a windows logo (in black and white) next to it. After much digging around and experimenting discovered that this seems to be a Windows Live account and this is linked somehow to the SkyDrive account. Got on the laptop and went back over windows live (which apparently is also Hotmail??) and poked around a little and discovered that I've basically got two Windows Live accounts and that this is somehow the same account used to access SkyDrive (and Hotmail??). It's all very confusing, but discovered that when I got the phone "Windows" account set to this "Live" account and then logged into SkyDrive with this account I'm seeing all the pictures I uploaded before. Reloaded the SkyDrive app on the phone and sync'd it to the new "Live" account and now everything shows up. The only thing I can figure is that when setting up the phone it must have asked me to set up this Microsoft account at one point, and then later on when I downloaded the SkyDrive app it asked me to set up a SkyDrive account (which I did) but then it wasn't this SkyDrive account that the camera roll was uploading to, it was the SkyDrive account associated with the Microsoft account that was set up when the phone was first set up. Confusing. Anyway, it's all working now. Thanks for the help.

Pauli70NL

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Photos Sent to SkyDrive are not Showing Up in SkyDrive / won't work for me

Ever since May this year (2013) my pictures no longer upload automatically to Skydrive (Nokia Lumia 900, Windows 8). They used to. I downloaded the app skydrive,now need to upload each pic individually (haven't found an option to get them all uploaded into the app at once) - this works. However, it's inconvenient knowing the automatic upload exists. And yes, the button "auto upload" is switched on.Anyone knows the solution?thanks.

Pauli70NL

May 25, 2013
Visit site
OK, I finally figured out what was going on...more or less. Deleted the SkyDrive app, restarted the phone and found much to my horror that I could still save photos to SkyDrive. How does this happen with no SkyDrive on the phone? Dug down in to settings and "email + accounts" and found some account with a windows logo (in black and white) next to it. After much digging around and experimenting discovered that this seems to be a Windows Live account and this is linked somehow to the SkyDrive account. Got on the laptop and went back over windows live (which apparently is also Hotmail??) and poked around a little and discovered that I've basically got two Windows Live accounts and that this is somehow the same account used to access SkyDrive (and Hotmail??). It's all very confusing, but discovered that when I got the phone "Windows" account set to this "Live" account and then logged into SkyDrive with this account I'm seeing all the pictures I uploaded before. Reloaded the SkyDrive app on the phone and sync'd it to the new "Live" account and now everything shows up. The only thing I can figure is that when setting up the phone it must have asked me to set up this Microsoft account at one point, and then later on when I downloaded the SkyDrive app it asked me to set up a SkyDrive account (which I did) but then it wasn't this SkyDrive account that the camera roll was uploading to, it was the SkyDrive account associated with the Microsoft account that was set up when the phone was first set up. Confusing. Anyway, it's all working now. Thanks for the help.
I work with one account only (hotmail = windows live = skydrive) and no success since May, as mentioned in my post below (or above, depending).

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here . Photos stopped auto uploading to Skydrive Cloud August 10th. Have all settings set right. Didn't change a thing I know of .Went back today and uploaded all missing photos manually; still don't appear on cloud skydive. I only have one livemail account I know of

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes