Songs gone, still taking up space

Jacob Hunter

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says, I was adding some music to my phone, then I noticed later that all but 3 random songs were gone (I think I had 50 total before). Not a big deal as I have them all on my laptop but they're still taking up space and after re-downloading all my songs, I have only 400mb left. I have Win 8 on my laptop as well and neither of the Windows phone apps, nor my phone shows duplicate songs. I have re-booted my phone as well. Any fixes that don't involve me formatting my phone? Any help is appreciated.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure you are just not looking in the wrong place? Win Phone has different ways of displaying your music. Perhaps you are looking at the wrong list?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that duplicated album "stuff" was saved on my phone as well as my SD card. Go in through explorer and delete the stuff from both the SD and in phone. I say "stuff" cause I'm not entirely certain what it is since it doesn't show as anything on my phone.

Jacob Hunter

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the store called Shrink Storage give it a try it might help.
Thanks! I did it and it seems to have gotten rid of 600mb and my music storage space is what it should be. I wonder if they just got moved to the wrong storage location and weren't recognized as music (if that's possible). Anyway, problem resolved. Thanks everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon