- 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM #1
Has anyone noticed how massive a battery hog are chat apps? Even the latest WeChat drains battery like **** when you're actively chatting with someone? I'm wondering if it's related to the OS or the app.
- 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM #2Has anyone noticed how massive a battery hog are chat apps? Even the latest WeChat drains battery like **** when you're actively chatting with someone? I'm wondering if it's related to the OS or the app.
03-06-2013, 07:38 PM #4
- 75 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
apps that are always connected and getting updates will always use drain the battery life but the hot battery is a problem that some L920 users have had...to be on the safe side you should pop in to a Nokia center and ask them about it
03-06-2013, 10:51 PM #6
- 196 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I don't think it's the app. I am pretty sure it's the vibration of new messages that eats up battery. I did a test. Put all my group chats in whatsapp on silent, and left my phone uncharged overnight on wifi. The next morning I had like 60+ messages from various whatsapp groups, and my battery had drained 5% over 9 hours. That sounds like a good idle drain to me.
So, when I started heavily chatting with one person, my battery started to drop much quicker. Why? Well, it's not possible to "mute" individual chats, so everytime I get a message from someone it vibrates and if it keeps going on, the battery drains like crazy. So I believe it's the vibrator. They need to include a feature where all chats should be allowed to be muted.
- 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM #8
Guys I'm talking about serious battery drain here. Last night I was chatting with someone on whatsapp (note that when whatsapp is opened, the background audio isn't running) and my phone was on charging. After about 30 minutes of chatting I noticed that my phone had charged 1% only. Because whatsapp was draining a lot of battery.
And the 2 days that I used wechat I noticed around 15% battery drain after 10-15 minutes of chatting.
On iPhone 4S I could chat on whatsapp for hours and hours through out the day.
- By Donta79 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 04-16-2012, 03:16 AM
- By Mengels7 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
- By svtfmook in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
- By Duvi in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 12Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:01 PM
- By sanka07 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 33Last Post: 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM