Windows Phone PC App forgets synch settings

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I started using the Windows Phone PC app under W7 to synch music & photos to my Lumia 920. Worked great, at the first synch session. However, when re-connecting phone and app on the next day, it forgot about all the boxes that I checked of which content I wanted to synch during the last session. Even worse, it deleted the (now no longer check marked) content from my phone when synching again. Is it at all possible to either make the PC app remember my synch setting, or to retrieve synch information from the phone at startup, to check mark the items that were already synched? Or to tell the app to not delete phone content unless I explicitly demand that? Once I'm done with it, I can un-check the content I don't want on my phone any longer myself, rather than the phone deciding that for me.
Otherwise, I consider the app as completely unuseable - how can I always walk through all my music and image databases to re-check items that I already synched? to resue them from being deleted from the phone? They can't be serious.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Heres a tip - dont use the pc app - just drag and drop what you want through explorer

Using the PC app ive had albums duplicated and other issues with songs not being able to sync. The worst part of that whole app is that you can only sync whole albums and not individual songs, you then have to go over to the phone and delete the songs you dont want. Pointless. The sync also leaves a folder for every album ever put on your phone even after all songs are deleted which contributes to the "other storage" the folders are completely empty yet they use up space.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This might make more sense, thanks.
I think that MS let this app - and the WP8 calendar - develop by their least talented programmers.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. Since days, I've been trying now to move music to my phone by use of windows drag and drop, as recommended.
However, like @martinmc78 said, there were folders and song/album information, apparently left over from the previous attempts to synch via the app. I can do whatever I want, but on the phone, the songs belonging to one album always get stored under 2 different album titles, and in a wrong order. I already deleted everything from the phone, songs, album information, artist information, then copied the songs again into ONE directory - and when looking it up on the phone, its again 2 albums and a wrong order.
I don't know where this information gets hidden that certain songs belong into certain (different) albums, all the properties etc. that can be displayed for songs show exactly the same album name.
I think that both the app and the native explorer support through Windows were very, very badly designed.

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here.
Win Desk APP Preview 3 does not record settings and it opens with an error message recalling for settings to be created again. It sometime creates duplicate content in the phone.

My problem is that by using file manager only as suggested, you don't really keep any folders "syncronized". You need everytime to copy/paste the phone folder to PC or viceversa, depending on the changes that I make in the PC folders (eg. I review pictures and delete some I don't like) or in the phone (new pictures).
And having folder with hundreds of pictures that's too bad.
Do you know any other method?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs