Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

This is purely hypothetical. I love my 920 but if it were to break I've been thinking of all the awesome mid level devices Nokia is putting out. Which would you get given the choice and why?

After I'm done crying, I'd probably get another 920. I have never bought an unsubsidized phone, though.

I'd buy another one. Or I'd buy a really cheap phone (like this), and buy another 920 when I could afford it again.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"

First I'd buy some throat lozenges after screaming for a half an hour, then I'd march back to AT&T and get another 920. The real question is, which color?
    despertador likes this.

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Without a doubt... another 920.

Note 2

920!!!!

Probably the 620. Cheap, but fluid and works.
    aubreyq and diplomat696 like this.

Send it in for repair and just see what the quote is.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    Send it in for repair and just see what the quote is.
    So what do you get if your 920 gets vaporised and you can't claim for it?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Huime likes this.

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    I've kept my Samsung Focus and would go back to that until I mustered up the cash for a new top tier. My wife and I have always agreed...we keep one old phone around, and if we break our new fancy phone, you don't get to go drop $500 for another new fancy phone.

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    Interesting question. Don't know what I would do. I'm enamored currently with my nexus 7 but the nexus 4 has a worse camera than the 920 but I probably wouldn't have to take 10 photos to get a decent one like my 920. And a worse battery but I LOVE swype and having my favorite apps with me wherever I go. The 920 is the only phone that I know of that has Dolby audio so if another phone did interest me, I'd have to check its sound quality. None of that overly bassy Beats audio for me. I'd choose another 920 and just keep my nexus 7 for all the rest if I knew Microsoft would get it's act together but right now, it's a toss up. I might go z10 if I saw BB updated and included the functionality I need for work.
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

I'd probably go back to my cracked iPhone 4, or get a Nexus 4 unlocked to tide me over until a lighter Lumia flagship appears.

To answer the question I would buy another 920, but I have a titan 2 i would use until i had the extra cash flow.

The 820, which is the one you should've bought in the first place (in my opinion, if you're not worried about the camera, but would like expandable memory, and replaceable battery, and ergonomic round corners as opposed to square). Just my opinion. The 920's awesome, I just happen to have an 820, so I would be a bit biased, wouldn't I?
    Mike3of3 likes this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I would go back to my "old" iPhone 5, since it wouldn't cost anything. But I would miss my 920!

I would and still have my Nokia N900 running Maemo 5 and Andriod Gingerbread dual boot. One would say why would u run andriod on N900 it has no calling function and your right. But I use it at 1100Mhz overclocked and use it purely for apps I really need that Maemo cannot give me. Its a godsend really. So if I was to break my Lumia I'd use N900 still my best device I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    So what do you get if your 920 gets vaporised and you can't claim for it?

I'd likely use my old iPhone 3G until October when the new ranges of WP come out. If Nokia are doing an aluminum model that would be neat. Or get a cheap 620 to tide me over.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    I'd buy another one. Or I'd buy a really cheap phone (like this), and buy another 920 when I could afford it again.
    This doesn't look like a windows phone..............lol

March back to AT&T and tell them to take my money. Cyan 920 Please!!! Lol
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Another 920, or maybe a 620, and wait for the next generation high-end Lumia, whatever that is. EOS?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'd buy another 920.....if i'm going unsubsidized I'd import one of those sexy gray lumias :D
    I would just use my titan 2 until I get another upgrade this fall. If I had no choice it would be an iPhone because of the apps I have to use at work. I love my lumia thou
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    I just got another Lumia 920. I have no interest in other phones in the market right now.
    Thanked by:

Nexus 4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast