Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Jealy666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the image quality of my "Me" tile good. As when I change my image it reverts to a very badly compressed version of the image after a short while.

    I think I saw an article on how to do this not so long ago but I skipped over it and I'm now unable to find it! Typical, right!

    Thanks!
  2. qsr786's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    #2  
    Hi, you have to upload the photo in Facebook, dont mark, Windows Live.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by qsr786 View Post
    Hi, you have to upload the photo in Facebook, dont mark, Windows Live.
    Doesn't change anything!
    I've contacted Zune support with a video and they've acknowledged the glitch. They've suggested in next OS iteration it will likely be addressed.
  4. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    #4  
    My Me Tile image matches the quality of the FB image. Then again... my FB profile picture is... (apologies for the lack of quality, I was strumming like a madman on Guitar Hero when it was taken). However it hasn't affected images with much better quality than this either... and I have WL, FB, Twitter, LI, all attached.

  5. xWisp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have noticed this with skype too microsofts profile images suck apparently all grainy,
    just dont use one attached to your microsoft account, use your facebook one
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    My Me Tile image matches the quality of the FB image. Then again... my FB profile picture is... (apologies for the lack of quality, I was strumming like a madman on Guitar Hero when it was taken). However it hasn't affected images with much better quality than this either... and I have WL, FB, Twitter, LI, all attached.

    http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75827417_n.jpg
    It cannot be true at all! Either you take all your pics while "in motion" or you just don't see pixels as nicely! :P

    I have done thousands of combo, local pics, uploaded, fresh new ones, one account, all accounts, only a couple - nothing has stopped my ME tile blurring a perfectly cool picture like a boss.
  7. purefire21's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    #7  
    You have to update your profile picture thru the me tile app and not thru Facebook its self
  8. Jealy666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by purefire21 View Post
    You have to update your profile picture thru the me tile app and not thru Facebook its self
    I do this yet it still turns out looking terrible. Yet the other people I pin look fine.
  9. Tafsern's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    #9  
    Maybe you're not as beautiful as you think ;)
    icstars989 likes this.
  10. Jealy666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
       #10  
    Was waiting for that! Aha, I'm definitely not a Brad Pitt but I know a poorly compressed image when I see one!

    Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    your
    >.<
  11. Tafsern's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    #11  
    Fixed that for you :)
  12. CaymanDreamin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #12  
    I have this same problem. Even went online to outlook.com and updated that pic and then the old bad pic comes back again. Also tried updating the Facebook pic on both Facebook and through the me tile and it lasts for a little while and turns crappy again. Looks even worse now on my 920 because of the better screen.
  13. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    3,477 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,150 Global Posts
    #13  
    Mine looks fine.
  14. #14  
    same problem was with me, but I updated my "Me" only on facebook and now it is ok, so don't update your pic to all, uncheck all other option.... I am sure it will work.
  15. nokiageek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jealy666 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the image quality of my "Me" tile good. As when I change my image it reverts to a very badly compressed version of the image after a short while.

    I think I saw an article on how to do this not so long ago but I skipped over it and I'm now unable to find it! Typical, right!

    Thanks!



    Same when I add a contact to the homescreen, low quality





    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Some good new on the image quality front
    By Okcbikeguy in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
  2. Lag with Icon and Tile images
    By drg in forum Nokia Lumia 800
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 04:32 AM
  3. Photo album preview image quality
    By Markyyy in forum Nokia Lumia 800
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. Image Quality - N8, 4S & Galaxy SII
    By palandri in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 07:21 PM
  5. Mango Me Live Tile
    By danelliott in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions