Messaging Hub w/ Facebook Chat: Hit & Miss

matthew_b06

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with the Messaging Hub with Facebook Chat? This morning my girlfriend sent me an IM through chat but I wasn't notified of it through the messaging app and had to go in through the Facebook app to see it (I'm set to online in the MSGing app btw).

Is there a fix for this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Facebook chat has been perfect for me. Its almost always Facebooks issue when you're not getting messages on time. Wp7 & 8 messages were recorded promptly for me.

Check your Facebook settings and see if there is anything that could cause a delay.

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
This happens to me all the time. I have to periodically check if my message went through by looking online at Facebook. I have a high degree of messages that go nowhere. The FB messaging also doesn't sync up both sides of the chat (if you reply via desktop then move to mobile) like the iOS and Android messaging does. Instead you only see the messages that you typed from the device. There's also no group chat. I was really shocked that Microsoft appeared to pay so little attention to Facebook messaging.

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
There's also no group chat. I was really shocked that Microsoft appeared to pay so little attention to Facebook messaging.

This was the reason I switched back to an iPhone. I use Facebook Messenger all the time for group chats, and I can't believe this feature is missing from WP8.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been noticing my lumia 920 is dropping cellular data sometimes for no reason. While its off you can't use facebook chat or any other online features but you can make calls get texts. My iPhone used to do this too until an update from my carrier came out. I think whats been happening is you wont get messages while the phone has dropped out which is annoying but probably will be fixed when an update comes out from the carrier you are with.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Messaging was perfect for me as well. I always get notified of new messages instantly and when I don't, it's always because I'm using my computer for chat :)

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Facebook Chat Failure

Hey guys, anyone noticing that Facebook chat is not working on Skype Desktop / Outlook.com / Windows 8 Messaging App / Windows Phone Chat Hub?. Mine has been disconnecting / reconnecting since last night. Also it sometimes doesn't reconnect and keeps saying: Facebook Chat (enabling...)

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook Chat Failure

Hey guys, anyone noticing that Facebook chat is not working on Skype Desktop / Outlook.com / Windows 8 Messaging App / Windows Phone Chat Hub?. Mine has been disconnecting / reconnecting since last night. Also it sometimes doesn't reconnect and keeps saying: Facebook Chat (enabling...)
True on WP8, didn't tried on Win8

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

been having the same problem for the last hour. Works ok on win8 but not on wp8. It says I'm online (or whatever it is called in English, phone's French) but I can't see my contacts.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here, I believe we are both contacting @WinPhoneSupport on twitter, too :p

Messenger appears to work fine, best I can say is to spam the status.live.com page to get the techs to look at it. That's what I've been doing.

mystickle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My issue is different. I can see people online and everything, but sometimes the messaging just doesn't work. I have to check through my facebook app and I see many messages didn't send to my phone through messaging. I was thinking of trying apps like IM+... anyone know what the problem is? Why am I not getting messages from facebook to my messaging? It works sometimes... I just don't get it. My Android was flawless on the facebook chat. btw I'm using a Lumia 900, maybe it's a known issue???

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same situation here. It goes online and some messages arrive and some just don't arrive, not to mention that it never synchs properly with messages send from the official fb app or website. Overall it is very unreliable. Sometimes the sames happens with imo.im or im+.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Just check on winphone support how the technicians are not giving a single f*ck about the problems, they say that contact facebook because the problem is on that side, I really hope Daniel Rubino or any of the good folks bere in WPC put thw issue on headlines to receive some attention, this is maybw the only reason why im moving OS on holidays, and im sure theres more people annoyed by this problem. Dont judge, maybe some of you dont give a hell about facebook but here where i live everybody communicatws the easy way on facebook, so yes, is annoying and frustrating, third party apps sucks and are slow

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just check on winphone support how the technicians are not giving a single f*ck about the problems, they say that contact facebook because the problem is on that side, I really hope Daniel Rubino or any of the good folks bere in WPC put thw issue on headlines to receive some attention, this is maybw the only reason why im moving OS on holidays, and im sure theres more people annoyed by this problem. Dont judge, maybe some of you dont give a hell about facebook but here where i live everybody communicatws the easy way on facebook, so yes, is annoying and frustrating, third party apps sucks and are slow
they really can't fix it if its on Facebook's server... Facebook isn't exactly.. Cooperative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720