Podcatcher app pulled?

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the full version a few days ago. However, a few hours ago I noticed that the app was gone from the store. I was hoping there maybe was a new version around the corner, you know the podcast app to end all podcast apps, but now the app won't even load anymore. Does anyone have details?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Dev tweeted few days back saying an update has been submitted and should be available in the store soon (pending MSFT approval). It was pulled due to frequent crashes in the most recent version, esp when it is blocked in the list of background apps.

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, its called podcatcher. I wasn't sure if you meant "a podcatcher app" was pulled from store ...

That's all we need is the few mediocre podcast apps that ARE in the store to start disappearing.

Why haven't we seen a podcatching app like doggcatcher for android or Dr. Podder for webos ... Personally, this OS blows those away, but something with some major features like multiselect or one-touch downloading or deleting or Continuous playback ... None of these have been added to any podcast app I've seen yet. Its awful that the built in podcasting doesn't do downloading and management well enough, but we can't move past the "press and hold to wait for a submenu to download" for only ONE episode at a time?? Its 2013!!!

sorry, just frustrating ...

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been really happy with Podcast Lounge recently. The major downside to it is that it doesn't check for new eps in the background and therefore doesn't notify you of new episodes either. I'm going to stick with it for a bit to see if the devs are committed to quickly building it out.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been really happy with Podcast Lounge recently. The major downside to it is that it doesn't check for new eps in the background and therefore doesn't notify you of new episodes either. I'm going to stick with it for a bit to see if the devs are committed to quickly building it out.
podcatcher has the ability to notify new episodes via live tile of you pin that particular subscription to the start screen.

themax2

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Try "podme" app, full of features,and some serius bugs, but for me is the best.

Backend server, favorites refresh and groups are killing features for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos