Listening to .wav File in Email - How?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I tested and our Mitel format is not playable on a client's 8x. We are currently in dispute with our phone vendor (we are an IT company, we don't do phones) so we are holding off on calling a competitor to check if it will do a different format.

mados123

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nokia 928 and found the same issue with my OptimumVoice voicemails. I signed up for PhoneConvert and can't believe how something actually works as good as it says it is. It's well worth the $10 suggested donation.

mark schlussel

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using phoneconvert. since November. Works flawlessly. I even have the messages forwarded to two separate email accounts. I was impressed and paid the $10 donation.

ART005

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips regarding phoneconvert.com voicemail conversions!! I just connected my VZN cell forwarding to MagicJack that emails my *.wav voicemail to www.phoneconnect.com that converts it to either mp3 or mp4 then emails me at hotmail where I listen on my Samsung 4.2 using Adroid 2.3. The MP4 files are about half as big as MP3. In your magicJack profile, you have to make an extra effort to change your new email address to *.phoneconnect.com. Then watch your junk folder the first time to redirect the emails from www.phoneconnect.com to the Inbox. Works great and I am not a tech expert, anyone can do it, just start following the directions....

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping someone would give an update about Amber. This is literally the only thing I'm waiting for in this update and AT&T is killing me. Everything else will be candy but this is a must for my business. Thanks, beetle.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This was fixed on my AT&T HTC 8x with the latest update. Can now play Shoretel voicemail attachments to my emails.

Johnathan Engel

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
All was playing wav files after the Amber update last year but now with this last update 8.0.10517.150 wav files stopped playing on my Lumia 920. What happened?

Jim Kelley

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
We were having this problem for the first half day we enabled unified messaging. There is a setting within Toshiba systems to change the wav encoding. We chose Linear PCM. Once we did, the wav files were playing just fine. If there was a size difference it was trivial. I can't imagine it would be much harder to find in any other voicemail/unified messaging system.

Mark Worsfold

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I found a cheeky way to play wav files in wp8.1. My app saves wav files.Plus it can share them via email,etc..

While testing, I noticed in onenote,if I send the wav file through the share function of my app, it attaches it. Plus you can play the wav file back, before sending it through onenote,lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3