Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I just got a Samsung galaxy 3 and I'm bouncing back and fourth between my l920 and the gs3 and there's pros and cons to both phones but my question is how come when you zoom 100% on a photo on the wp8 it looks like crap and on the gs3 its just about perfect?
    Post us the screenshots of both 100% rendering to compare. I've always found Lumia 920's 100% crispier to say the least. Even better once it goes on a bigger screen. It could well be the way it was taken?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Try getting Hd photo viewer from the market and then looking at the pictures on your lumia. The stock photo viewer doesn't do the pictures justice.
    Thanked by:

When you zoom, it looks kinda bad, but then you take the actual photo, it looks very sharp ir beautiful
    That's because the photos are at 100% by default, zooming in changes it to 150 or 200% respectively.

WP8 display compressed photos in order to maintain smooth pan and zoom. It had been reveal some time ago by devs.

Bigger screen, not enough MP

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    That's because the photos are at 100% by default, zooming in changes it to 150 or 200% respectively.
    You actually couldn't be any more wrong. The native resolution of the phone is far less than the resolution of the photo.
    I understand what you mean. I have an 8x, and an S3 and can only say its how either the software or Android compressed the image.

ProShot on wp8 give a similar result (only when viewed inside of the app) because it looks like its still a raw image and wasn't compressed yet.

But to sum up, its how wp8 compresses the jpeg, but you also need to work with your sharpness, lessening of, and zoom in a tad, to get clearer zoomed in pictures. At least it works for me.

get HD photo viewer from store and see if your issue's solved or not