Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theefman

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    So im sure we all seen the articles about the 18 month cycle, i think it is really a non issue, since i believe ti is only stating 18 month support for the OS as we see it today and once upgraded to a new OS, it triggers another cycle with that new OS, but all devices will be able to upgrade. Personally, i think high end devices will be 100% upgradable and the low/mid range will be up to the carriers.

So windows phone twitter tweeted this almost an hour ago

"As we've said, on benefit of moving to the Windows core is that Windows Phone 8 is upgradable"

Very vague, but could be comfort those that believe another wp7 to wp8 debacle is coming?

Again my opinion, what you have today will be upgradable to blue or wp9 whatever you want to call it

Global Posts
    2,857 Global Posts
    Seriously, who cares? What people should really be moaning about is getting devs to enable some kind of cloud saving so you can move to a new device without losing any data. Apart from that, get a job and buy a new phone if it is so much better, if not enjoy what will undoubtedly still be a very good device. I've had a DVP, Radar, L900 and now L920 since WP was launched, ebay and the low off contrace price has made it a non issue so there really shouldnt be all this angst over this.
    rimlover likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    So im sure we all seen the articles about the 18 month cycle, i think it is really a non issue, since i believe ti is only stating 18 month support for the OS as we see it today and once upgraded to a new OS, it triggers another cycle with that new OS, but all devices will be able to upgrade. Personally, i think high end devices will be 100% upgradable and the low/mid range will be up to the carriers.

So windows phone twitter tweeted this almost an hour ago

"As we've said, on benefit of moving to the Windows core is that Windows Phone 8 is upgradable"

Very vague, but could be comfort those that believe another wp7 to wp8 debacle is coming?

Again my opinion, what you have today will be upgradable to blue or wp9 whatever you want to call it
    Its not vague. "Upgrade" means major versions WP8-WP9, whereas "updates" are smaller increments WP8.x,y,z.