Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'm not really sure how this forum works so please be nice

Anyway, I've had my Lumia 920 for a few months now and I've been very uninformed about apps. I really would love it if there was some sort of application that sends text messages from the phone to a computer. I've been searching for something like this for a while but I don't really know where else I would look. I know there were some threads about it before but they were from a while ago.

Thanks for the help guys! I continue to stick around here!

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Download nokia suite and give it a try,it supports lumia devices, i used to do desktop sms with N8 & N9 so it maybe might work.
    Thanked by:
    There is no backup feature except via the cloud. If you are talking about something like imessage, then you could do Skype,or Facebook. The only other option is to take screen shots and save them to your computer
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Oops that was a bit unclear, I was thinking something that would let me reply and get text messages in real time on my laptop.
    This ability doesn't exist. It's something that only Microsoft can implement because of security concerns.

You do not want third-party apps to have access to your personal text messages do you?
    Thanked by:

Ahh great point, Robert. Thanks for pointing that out haha.
    Thanked by:
    You can use the messaging hub in Windows 8. Also on wp8. Skype is probably what you are looking since it is cross platform.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Thanked by:

I actually was just in search of this kind of solution. Ended up with Messenger and signing into Skype with your Microsoft account. Very handy solution for those with Windows Phones!
    Thanked by:

Awesome! Thanks everyone. I love these forums already!