The New Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Facebook News Feed | Facebook

So Facebook for desktop, Android & iOS is getting a major update in the coming weeks, but us on Windows Phone are still left in the dark. We never got timeline and I don't think we're getting this either.

If Microsoft and Facebook have such a good relationship what is the reason that we're being left in the dark like this?

Do you think we're going to get the new design? Everyone seems so hooked on Instagram that they're forgetting Facebook.

I don't give a **** for instagram to be honest, but do for Facebook.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate all of those useless social networks that are just giant advertising billboards for people that like to be attention whores, stalkers, kid touchers, and fake rappers.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Totally agreed. Facebook on WP8, besides the integration, is a total joke. the app is close to useless (erratic and unreliable notifications, check a post, go back and the app reloads, bringing you back up on the timeline etc), and barely updated.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Totally agreed. Facebook on WP8, besides the integration, is a total joke. the app is close to useless (erratic and unreliable notifications, check a post, go back and the app reloads, bringing you back up on the timeline etc), and barely updated.

What? If I go in to a post and then press Start and do something else, when I return to FB it continues exactly where I left it and resumes instantly.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
What? If I go in to a post and then press Start and do something else, when I return to FB it continues exactly where I left it and resumes instantly.

yeah, but go into a post and then hit back. It reloads....well, refreshes would be a better word, and ur back to the top of whatever page u were in (timeline, newsfeed, etc.)

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah, but go into a post and then hit back. It reloads....well, refreshes would be a better word, and ur back to the top of whatever page u were in (timeline, newsfeed, etc.)

Nope, it does not do that either. The feed scroll position is saved if I press back from a post (just checked).

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate all of those useless social networks that are just giant advertising billboards for people that like to be attention whores, stalkers, kid touchers, and fake rappers.

Well there's people like me who uses facebook for messaging and studies...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What could be the problem here though, why the **** is Microsoft not pulling their thumb out, and why the **** is Facebook not bothering to make an app for us, for a company the size of them, it wouldn't be hard. There are millions of Windows Phone Facebook users out there so making a proper app for us is worth it.

Microsoft need to stop getting down on their knees for Instagram and do something about Facebook app, because people say just use touch facenook.com but there are no notifications from there and I use this app for communication so its important for me.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it does not do that either. The feed scroll position is saved if I press back from a post (just checked).
then count ur blessings. U have a glitch that's actually worked to ur favor. The normal behavior is a refresh. Its one if the biggest gripes people have with the app.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The interface on IOS and Android is very similar. The WP Interface as we all know is way different, it's Metro and designed by MS. I would love to have an updated app and I don't even care if it was a port and looked like the Android and IOS version but when we get a port people love to complain that it's not metro and looks just like the IOS version. Take WwF for example. It looks like the IOS version and people complain because of that. Sure it would be nice for app devs to create apps that take the Metro design into account but for now to build a nice base I would settle without complaint for great working ports. If they just port the code we would have a better chance at updates since it's not a completely separate app that needs to be completely thought out for a smaller user base.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
then count ur blessings. U have a glitch that's actually worked to ur favor. The normal behavior is a refresh. Its one if the biggest gripes people have with the app.

Ok I figured it out. Since the dots are flying when I return to the feed I guess it indeed does make a refresh. I do not know if it would fly on the top of the feed if a new post comes during the time I was in the comment, but if not then the feed scroll position remains where it was left.

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have the same issue of the app scrolling ALL the way back to the top of your news feed if you cilck on anything to read it and hit the back button. It is super annoying!

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I use people hub and integrated stuff in WP8 and have no issue. Of course I read the new feeds, like and comment and then do Facebook chat and all that is in the OS. So I don't even run the app. Though for people needing more, I think Microsoft should plop some money to Facebook and get a really nice client for heavy users.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
close this thread, there is already a 2 page whine-fest below

people like you never whine which is why WP is so behind iOS and Android.

This thread is regarding the new facebook design whether or not its coming to Windows Phone, a different subject to the other thread.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This thread is indeed just another whine fest. You have no idea weather or not WP will get these new features yet you are ready to ASSume it won't and cry about it.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This thread is indeed just another whine fest. You have no idea weather or not WP will get these new features yet you are ready to ASSume it won't and cry about it.

we didn't get timeline and now that's being replaced, so what is there or not to whine? I have to assume!

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Facebook News Feed | Facebook So Facebook for desktop, Android & iOS is getting a major update in the coming weeks, but us on Windows Phone are still left in the dark. We never got timeline and I don't think we're getting this either. If Microsoft and Facebook have such a good relationship what is the reason that we're being left in the dark like this?Do you think we're going to get the new design? Everyone seems so hooked on Instagram that they're forgetting Facebook. I don't give a **** for instagram to be honest, but do for Facebook.
I don't think Facebook makes our app, MS does. Facebook may not want a third party to make an app with there new UI.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Facebook makes our app, MS does. Facebook may not want a third party to make an app with there new UI.

that's my point. I know Microsoft develop the Facebook app. The point is we don't even have the old UI (Timelime) what my point is, if they both have such a good relationship why is there no official Facebook app on Windows Phone? Why is Microsoft not pushing Facebook to develop a proper app? Why are Microsoft and Nokia ignoring customer concerns regarding this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos