you've reached the storage limit -Glitch

ziggyster2013

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi i am trying to download The Amazing spiderman Game from windows store (WP8) I have7GB of free memory on the phone and the game requires 566MB.However i get the error message
you've reached the storage limit when trying to download game? Any help with this would be great. Thanks !

waxercat

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It happened with spiderman, even though I had +3Gb available... I deleted a bunch of apps, and it installed.
Today I went to try the new Batman game, and same issue. I've deleted everything I can live without, and a few things I even need - but still getting this storage error with 3.51GB free?!?

waxercat

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
OK - workaround - use the windowsphone.com internet site to push the app to the phone. Worked a treat for me. Plenty of threads on the net about this issue btw - looks like it's known by MS, and a fix should be coming.

tendoboy1984

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same issue with Spider-Man, and I have over 3 GB left on my phone. I really wish Microsoft would allow us to store apps on the SD card. I have a 32 GB SD card, and all I can use it for is music and movies?

The 3DS and Vita allow you to store games and apps on a memory card (the Vita requires it), so I don't know why Microsoft and Google block this feature.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
OK - workaround - use the windowsphone.com internet site to push the app to the phone. Worked a treat for me. Plenty of threads on the net about this issue btw - looks like it's known by MS, and a fix should be coming.
Like this guy says, you won't run into the storage problem if you go to the website and buy the app/game. It will immediately push it to your phone and download the game. I did it for Batman and Modern Combat 4.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think that the source of the glitch was from the limit itself which was set om the internal of the OS, so I guess that limit wasn't changed since WP7, but that's just a guess, and CMIIW then :)

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it starts with downloads being .xap files, which are basically zip files. Extracted, they may need more space than the download itself. Also, since you need to store the .xap and the extracted game, you'll need at least double the space of the .xap. So, an example: Modern Combat 4 takes 1.01GB, they're being downloaded. The extracted game needs 1.1.6GB (according to Nokia storage check). So, during the installation, you'll need about 2.61 GB. Additionally, the system reserves about 500 MB that can't be written onto with an app installation (it cancels the installation, but by taking photos I can go down to 0kb free storage).
If you install the game via SD card, you'll only need the 1.6 GB (from the example) and a bit for the system, which explains why it works

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same issue with Spider-Man, and I have over 3 GB left on my phone. I really wish Microsoft would allow us to store apps on the SD card. I have a 32 GB SD card, and all I can use it for is music and movies?

The 3DS and Vita allow you to store games and apps on a memory card (the Vita requires it), so I don't know why Microsoft and Google block this feature.

Totally agreed with you! What is the point of having a 64GB SD card but it is only for storing pictures,music+videos and some installer ?It will be very nice if I can move installed apps+games to SD card. Hopefully the next update will bring this feature into reality.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Totally agreed with you! What is the point of having a 64GB SD card but it is only for storing pictures,music+videos and some installer ?It will be very nice if I can move installed apps+games to SD card. Hopefully the next update will bring this feature into reality.

Well that's reminded me of an Android version 2.3, where we can move installed files to a SD Card, but it's not moving all files, though, it's moving the app's needed components there.
And I hope so, in the next major update a.k.a 8.1 update, it will support moving installed files to SD Card. ;)

Shobhit Saxena

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
installing the app from store works, I was trying to get "Six Guns" the error was showing. So as you guys suggested I pushed it from the website and presently it is downloading over my device.

Vman92

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I know its been a long time since anybody has been on this thread. But i really need help. I am trying to buy and download Halo: Spartan Assault on my Lumia 820. its around 700MB download and i have 2.6 GB free on my phone memory. even though its letting other games download easily even those of similar size but for free. it wont get past verification and say that the storage limit is reached. I even tried testing apps that need purchasing and it let it past normally. I tried the download from the browser but it will just send me back to the store as if i went there myself. My phone has the latest update so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3