Push notifications not working!!!

Harish Ragav

May 1, 2014
Visit site
guys i found the solution for this..... if you are using wifi just switch on your mobile data...
now worked fine for me.....

sent from nokia lumia 620

Last edited:

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The last 10 hours the battery saver is like the photo.... I've done more than 4 soft resets but nothing changed...

Any ideas before I have to do a hard reset???

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140502_0006.png
    wp_ss_20140502_0006.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 10

Gerald Schouten

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Greetings, has anyone found out how to get the push notification back on their windows phone since the last upgrade? I myself is having that problem. Microsoft needs to do something fast. Find my phone fail to work. This is one of the most important app on the phone, Now its failing.

Komasin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'm having the same issue. I first had problem that I couldn't connect to internet over my data packet although I have unlimited data plan. Since then my push notifications just stopped working for all of the apps (wa, viber,skype, fb, fb messenger and instagram) even I'm connected to WiFi. I contacted my provider about data issue and they had no idea how to solve it. I can see my messages and notifications only when I open the app. If anyone has any suggestions how to solve this I would be really grateful.

gonzo123

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
This is easily fixed

Go to your Settings - Mobile & Sim

DATA CONNECTION - Turn this OFF

You will get all the notifications now :)

Last edited:

Fritz Grosseibel

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Turning on the data connection and receiving notifications HOW? That doesn't work for me. It only works while connected in Wi-Fi and that is not really an option on the go.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This is easily fixed

Go to your Settings - Mobile & Sim

DATA CONNECTION - Turn this OFF

You will get all the notifications now :)

This worked for me even though notifications were working fine with data connection on for the longest time. Suddenly they stopped working for a week until I turned off data connection. Probably has something to do with my plan having no data. However, I can't receive MMS when data connection is off so that's why I kept it on. Seems like MSFT needs to do more testing for voice only plans.

girisusee

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I had same issue.

I solved it by soft reset by pressing volume down button and lock button simultaneously until reboot.
and switch off mobile once again.

shekels

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine just got a Lumia 640 and is having issues with whatsapp notifications. We tried doing what whatsapp tells us to do in their FAQ ("Why can't I connect to the Push notification server?") but that error is still showing.

When they're on Wi-Fi with SIM data on it shows the error message. If they use only Wi-Fi (SIM data off) all notifications work fine. The same with only SIM data activated (WI-FI off).

The thing that bothers me, though, is that on my Lumia 930 it works well regardless of how the phone is connected to the internet.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
my sister 920 has problems with the what app, delayed messages,no notifications via push or even when go back appears about connectivity problems please restart the phone, microsoft will fix the system?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb