Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Aggemam
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  • 2 Post By realwarder
  • 1 Post By Jazmac
  • 2 Post By realwarder
  • 1 Post By jhoff80

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2013/03...d/?fromcat=all

Personally I've spend more money on WP8 apps, than on any other mobile OS. So for me, this comes as no surprise. I guess we're a dedicated bunch. - Cheers. :-)
    Thanked by:
    Iulian Luca and ChMar like this.

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Funny, I have spend 0€ on WP apps. There's just very few things I'd actually want. But it would be the same whether I was on Android or iOS too.

I recall buying an Angry Birds game on my old N8 (Symbian^3, though), but that's the only app I've ever bought :P
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.

I think the fact that WP8 is the only phone OS that people cannot pirate apps on is great for developers!
    Thanked by:
    Bee Mon and interopbyt like this.

Global Posts
    32,444 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    What am I missing? I thought Evernote is free.

I have Evernote for Windows Phone, plus both the touch app for Windows 8 and the desktop Windows app. I never had to pay for any of these versions.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post

I have Evernote for Windows Phone, plus both the touch app for Windows 8 and the desktop Windows app. I never had to pay for any of these versions.
    AAdvertising :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aggemam View Post
    Evernote Sees Higher ARPU on Windows Phone Than Android

Personally I've spend more money on WP8 apps, than on any other mobile OS. So for me, this comes as no surprise. I guess we're a dedicated bunch. - Cheers. :-)
    I'm with you there. I never spent this much on mobile apps before.
    Thanked by:
    ChMar likes this.

Global Posts
    32,444 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by prestonalan View Post
    AAdvertising :P
    I don't see any ads in Evernote.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    That's good for developers. Hopefully it'll attract more. But a higher average doesn't overturn a much lower user base, unfortunately.
  9. tgp

Global Posts
    2,577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I think the fact that WP8 is the only phone OS that people cannot pirate apps on is great for developers!
    That's kind of a 2-sided argument. It's great for developers in that it keeps people from downloading the .xap and sideloading, but for a casual developer it makes it necessary to pay for a developer account to even try out his own app on his own phone.

It actually is possible to sideload apps on a WP; it's just not very easy to get set up to do it. I enabled sideloading when I had a Lumia 710 so I could install apps on XDA that are not in the Marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    That's kind of a 2-sided argument. It's great for developers in that it keeps people from downloading the .xap and sideloading, but for a casual developer it makes it necessary to pay for a developer account to even try out his own app on his own phone.

It actually is possible to sideload apps on a WP; it's just not very easy to get set up to do it. I enabled sideloading when I had a Lumia 710 so I could install apps on XDA that are not in the Marketplace.
    A casual developer can run the emulator for free.

If they develop something worth publishing I'm sure they can find $100.
    Bee Mon and ChMar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    A casual developer can run the emulator for free.

If they develop something worth publishing I'm sure they can find $100.
    Well said. This way there will be less flip coin apps polluting the market. And less adds. Let adds stay on web pages and software be paid(mobile or PC software)
    Thanked by:

spent quite a bit on windows phone already compared to anything other :)
    Thanked by:

When I had ipad( friends iPad but my account) I actually paid for more apps. Not iPhone tho. With android tablet maybe one or two screensaver app. But lot more with w8(p). But there are not enough apps on w8 right now though

At first, buying my Lumia 920, I was concerned about impossibility of pirating apps, before I'm haven't buy any mobile app...
    But, after looking at all those quality apps, with "try" ability, now I want to pay all apps, that I am using.
    And I will start soon ;)

Sorry for my bad English, btw.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post

Evernote has a premium membership. What they're saying is more WP users (percentage-wise) spring for premium than Android users.

Global Posts
    8,064 Global Posts
    To be honest, I'm not sure WHY when you have the superior OneNote included for free, but hey, whatever works for people I guess.
    Thanked by:
    James8561 likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    I spend about an average of $60 for music and $30 for games and applications in the marketplace, so yeah I pretty much spend the most money on WP than any other platform.

If I were on Android or iOS, I'd NEVER spend money on apps or games since there are already websites dedicated to providing pirated .ipa (iOS) or .apk (Android) apps and games.
    Thanked by:

just added. spent $37.14 on apps ever since I got my Lumia 920 on release day :)

I'm quite frugal when it comes to apps but defintely have spent more on WP than on android. But... I was a student when i had android, now i'm actually making money.

Im not surprised though if WP users are more willing to spend, they are early adopters, implying that moeny isn't a big concerns AND that they are relatively tech savvy. So the mental barrier to spending for something online is likely to be less.

Also being able to 'try' some apps lead to me purchasing them. a good example is skulls of the shogun

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I agree - I've spent more money on WP than with Android (never had an iOS device).

I think a good part of the reason is the "try-before-you-buy" feature available for most premium apps. I'd think twice about putting down 4.99 on a mobile app purely based on user reviews and youtube videos.
  21. tgp

Global Posts
    2,577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahman Noor View Post
    I agree - I've spent more money on WP than with Android (never had an iOS device).

I think a good part of the reason is the "try-before-you-buy" feature available for most premium apps. I'd think twice about putting down 4.99 on a mobile app purely based on user reviews and youtube videos.
    More of Android's apps are free, which could account for users of iOS & WP spending more. For example, the basic Angry Birds app is free on Android, but the equivalent on iOS & WP is not.

Also, iOS does not have any trial period, but Android kind of does. You purchase the app, then you have some time to return it for a refund. I believe the length of time varies by developer, but the minimum is 15 minutes.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDuck View Post
    Evernote has a premium membership. What they're saying is more WP users (percentage-wise) spring for premium than Android users.

that's the first i've heard of it, thanks. unless EN starts reducing features, i can't see it being needed though.

sharing an evernote account with a few people is cool, you can clip/sync without needing social media. pretty cool !
  23. tgp

Global Posts
    2,577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDuck View Post
    Android users are notoriously stingy.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!