Go MSFT! Evernote sees higher average revenue

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I have spend 0€ on WP apps. There's just very few things I'd actually want. But it would be the same whether I was on Android or iOS too.

I recall buying an Angry Birds game on my old N8 (Symbian^3, though), but that's the only app I've ever bought :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What am I missing? I thought Evernote is free.

I have Evernote for Windows Phone, plus both the touch app for Windows 8 and the desktop Windows app. I never had to pay for any of these versions.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the fact that WP8 is the only phone OS that people cannot pirate apps on is great for developers!

That's kind of a 2-sided argument. It's great for developers in that it keeps people from downloading the .xap and sideloading, but for a casual developer it makes it necessary to pay for a developer account to even try out his own app on his own phone.

It actually is possible to sideload apps on a WP; it's just not very easy to get set up to do it. I enabled sideloading when I had a Lumia 710 so I could install apps on XDA that are not in the Marketplace.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That's kind of a 2-sided argument. It's great for developers in that it keeps people from downloading the .xap and sideloading, but for a casual developer it makes it necessary to pay for a developer account to even try out his own app on his own phone.

It actually is possible to sideload apps on a WP; it's just not very easy to get set up to do it. I enabled sideloading when I had a Lumia 710 so I could install apps on XDA that are not in the Marketplace.

A casual developer can run the emulator for free.

If they develop something worth publishing I'm sure they can find $100.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
A casual developer can run the emulator for free.

If they develop something worth publishing I'm sure they can find $100.

Well said. This way there will be less flip coin apps polluting the market. And less adds. Let adds stay on web pages and software be paid(mobile or PC software)

saket87

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
When I had ipad( friends iPad but my account) I actually paid for more apps. Not iPhone tho. With android tablet maybe one or two screensaver app. But lot more with w8(p). But there are not enough apps on w8 right now though

Volchonokilli

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
At first, buying my Lumia 920, I was concerned about impossibility of pirating apps, before I'm haven't buy any mobile app...
But, after looking at all those quality apps, with "try" ability, now I want to pay all apps, that I am using.
And I will start soon ;)

Sorry for my bad English, btw.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
What am I missing? I thought Evernote is free.

I have Evernote for Windows Phone, plus both the touch app for Windows 8 and the desktop Windows app. I never had to pay for any of these versions.

Evernote has a premium membership. What they're saying is more WP users (percentage-wise) spring for premium than Android users.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not sure WHY when you have the superior OneNote included for free, but hey, whatever works for people I guess.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I spend about an average of $60 for music and $30 for games and applications in the marketplace, so yeah I pretty much spend the most money on WP than any other platform.

If I were on Android or iOS, I'd NEVER spend money on apps or games since there are already websites dedicated to providing pirated .ipa (iOS) or .apk (Android) apps and games.

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite frugal when it comes to apps but defintely have spent more on WP than on android. But... I was a student when i had android, now i'm actually making money.

Im not surprised though if WP users are more willing to spend, they are early adopters, implying that moeny isn't a big concerns AND that they are relatively tech savvy. So the mental barrier to spending for something online is likely to be less.

Also being able to 'try' some apps lead to me purchasing them. a good example is skulls of the shogun

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree - I've spent more money on WP than with Android (never had an iOS device).

I think a good part of the reason is the "try-before-you-buy" feature available for most premium apps. I'd think twice about putting down ?4.99 on a mobile app purely based on user reviews and youtube videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs