Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,
    I am planning to get Nokia Lumia 720 and this phone uses micro SD card to expand the storage, just wondering is there anyone uses micro SD card to expand the storage.
    Can we save the photo (camera roll) into micro SD card? Does the phone significantly slow when pull data from micro SD card?
    Thank you.

Yes can save to SD and no slowing that I've noticed

Yes to data. My phone is REALLY show when using the SD card. Lumia 810

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirawan77 View Post
    Hi,
    Can we save the photo (camera roll) into micro SD card? Does the phone significantly slow when pull data from micro SD card?
    Thank you.
    When you put the micro SD card into the phone asks if you want to save photos and music to the SD card. If you click Yes it will create the appropriate folder and change the camera and music settings to do this.

I've not noticed any slowdown when taking photos. Just make sure you get a fast micro SD card (I think they recommend at least speed Class 4 - I have a Class 10 in my phone).

Thank you for the reply.
    I read in this forum that windows phone with 512MB RAM will not get upgrade to the next windows phone (WP9). Is that true?
    I am not a heavy game user but I would like to have the latest OS at least upgrade-able to the next version.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirawan77 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.
    I read in this forum that windows phone with 512MB RAM will not get upgrade to the next windows phone (WP9). Is that true?
    I am not a heavy game user but I would like to have the latest OS at least upgrade-able to the next version.
    I doubt this is true. It would affect a number of phones that have just been released (like the Nokia Lumia 720), and I can't see Microsoft completely rewriting the core OS again to the point of making current hardware obsolete.