How to enable storage check option

Saurabh Rai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Friends. I have found a way to enable the storage check option. Its not any update from Microsoft but from Nokia. Also its not a feature but an app available on Windows phone store.
My phone came pre installed with portico update xxxx.xxxx.1308.xxxx but still didn't have the fancy storage check option in settings so I googled it and found the way to get it. I found that those who had it, some had same firmware as mine while some had older than mine i.e. 1307. But their Extras+info was newer than mine. So here is the way. And also please thank me for it.
As well as the nokia discussions from where I found it.
You just have to update the following apps from Windows phone store (by manually downloading and installing through sd card) (only nokia).
Nokia Account: Nokia account | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Audio: audio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Australia)

Accessories: accessories | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Australia)

Feedback To Nokia: feedback to Nokia | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Access Point: access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Network+ (previously Calls + SMS): network+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Extras + Info: extras+info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Display + Touch: display+touch | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

After updating these apps you are sure to see the "Storage check" option in settings
Do not forget the most important is Extras + Info because this storage option comes inside this update.
Now hit thanks if I helped you. And mods please make it sticky.:winktongue:

Last edited:

Saurabh Rai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Strange to see no replies or any poll results. For me this worked. And hence I decided to post it. No body else is confirming whether it worked for them or not. Sad

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
There is another thread here on the forums with QR codes for all the apps also. That's how I forced my phone to pull the updates.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You don't actually need to update all of them - all that is needed is the latest update for "extras+info". This is what enables "Storage Check" option in new firmware.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How can I get the latest update? I scanned the code, it took me to the store and the only option was "share". It sure seems like it must be the most recent version. I a have a 920 here that has had the last 2 updates installed. Even after this 1 today, Storage Check is there but it won't do anything. Just takes me back to the settings page.

Saurabh Rai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This is a problem which i faced when i tried to access the feature while it was still in the process of installing. As a result it doesn't install correctly and you are shown back to settings. I reset my phone and let it install peacefully and then accessed it and it worked fine.
When you try to access a feature while it gets update, the older version is locked by update and the newer version is locked since you are trying to access it hence the feature becomes as good as not there.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I never mess with anything while updates are running. Today we installed the display + touch update. Still no change. Storage check is there. But nothing happens when we try to access it. Just goes back to settings screen.

arushi suri

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey im not receiving any automatic updates on my phone..can u please help me..
I haven't received any update since i have purchased my phone..

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Its a pretty common issue of not receiving updates in the store.
Usually the phone checks for the updates only once.
My 920 checks it in the morning at around 9 - 10.
If my phone is connected to the internet during this time, it shows me the updates (if available).
Try and find out at what time your lumia tries to check for updates - Keep your phone connected to the internet during different times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo