Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi, my contract with sprint is up in a month, and i'm considering a Window's Phone. However, I heard that IE10 on WP only allows up to 6 tabs. And, has someone who is a serious multitasker (I normally have around 10~14 tabs up at once), that's simply not enough.

So, I would like to know; are there any good alternative browsers to IE10 on WP that allow 10 or more tabs? Are there any that let you view desktop sites (not sure if IE10 on WP allows that or not, but on iOS/Android you have to get a third party browser to do that).

Oh, and I don't plan to get another contract with sprint (So I won't be tied down when it comes to choices. I'm considering an unlocked Lumia 920 and T-Mobile's $30 plan of unlimited text, web[first 5gb @4g], and 100 talk minutes).
    Quhi likes this.

You are correct IE10 limits to 6 tabs. As for other browsers, there's not masses of choice - no chrome or opera for example... However don't let this put you off. This is a new OS and support is growing. The OS is fantastic.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finiterex View Post
    You are correct IE10 limits to 6 tabs. As for other browsers, there's not masses of choice - no chrome or opera for example... However don't let this put you off. This is a new OS and support is growing. The OS is fantastic.
    Ah, I know it doesn't have chrome (for some reason, Google is being an a** to the platform has seen by the map thing they did). I've tried the OS (my cousin has one, It's fantastic).

However, I need a browser that can use at least 10 tabs (though, I could settle for 8 if I had to). What i'm asking is are there any platform specific browser's in the WP app store that allow this?

"Next Browser" supports 8 tabs. It runs on the IE engine and is my personal favorite browser atm.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    surfcube is another alternative and I know it can have over 10 tabs at once
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) -> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) -> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M) -> Nokia Lumia 520-> Nokia Lumia 625

^UC Browser is very polished and fast. previously I thought IE was fastest on WP but I was wrong
    Surfcube seems more intuitive because of the cube aspect of it. It runs alot smoother than UC browser and it has features like Cinema mode and integrated Readability.
    10 tabs? Wow, I've personally never had a need to have more than 4 or 5.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,376 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Same here, 4 to 5.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Lol, guess I'm a rare breed. I like to have multiple sites open at once and switch back to them has I see fit (my OCD might have a part in this).

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    UC browser gets my vote, the best atm. Wish Dolphin ported over to WP8, that one was the best across all platforms I used prior to Nokia L920

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Browser options arevery lacking in my opinion.
    My main problem is not the tab number, is multitasking. Tabs that goes to the background have to be reloaded and even the current tab is reloaded when the app goes to background. Really frustating for me the need to reload a page each time, I use as many tabs as I can to not have to revisit a site but that way is like bookmarking, horrible, if you use that way, forget WP.

With IE10?
    Don't think I've ever had that happen to me. Could depend on the phone and be a RAM issue maybe, as it has to be allocated elsewhere.

White Lumia 930

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    I don't feel anything can count as a decent alternative until they can be set as the default browser. That said, most of the complaints with IE could be easily fixed if Microsoft stops drinking the one-size-fits-all koolaid and invested a little into functionality over simplicity.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    "User Agent Switch" and use iPad mode.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    With my N8 I often had around 6 tabs open, nowadays I dont bother. It's so fast on Lumia 920 anyways that I just pretty much use one tab to go between the 6 sites :D If I have tabs open, they're open accidently from opening some link and forgotten there.

Quote Originally Posted by finiterex View Post
    Don't give ridiculous answers,there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

Quote Originally Posted by icyrock1 View Post
    Hi, my contract with sprint is up in a month, and i'm considering a Window's Phone. However, I heard that IE10 on WP only allows up to 6 tabs. And, has someone who is a serious multitasker (I normally have around 10~14 tabs up at once), that's simply not enough.

So, I would like to know; are there any good alternative browsers to IE10 on WP that allow 10 or more tabs? Are there any that let you view desktop sites (not sure if IE10 on WP allows that or not, but on iOS/Android you have to get a third party browser to do that).

Oh, and I don't plan to get another contract with sprint (So I won't be tied down when it comes to choices. I'm considering an unlocked Lumia 920 and T-Mobile's $30 plan of unlimited text, web[first 5gb @4g], and 100 talk minutes).
    there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

Quote Originally Posted by icyrock1 View Post
    Ah, I know it doesn't have chrome (for some reason, Google is being an a** to the platform has seen by the map thing they did). I've tried the OS (my cousin has one, It's fantastic).

However, I need a browser that can use at least 10 tabs (though, I could settle for 8 if I had to). What i'm asking is are there any platform specific browser's in the WP app store that allow this?
    there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Surfcube seems more intuitive because of the cube aspect of it. It runs alot smoother than UC browser and it has features like Cinema mode and integrated Readability.
    Didn't know surfcube will try it, although I'm very happy with ucbrowser.... Thanks for your tip

The best one is UCBrowser. Very happy with it and it doesnt reload tabs stupidly like the built-in IE10. The maximum is 6 tabs. If you need more and better multi tasking capability, switch to Android lol.

I used UC Browser, until something changed, and UC Browser dims the display so dark that it is very difficult to do anything meaningful. The same happened to YouTube Downloader.

I returned to IE10. Nothing wrong with it either.

I use UC Browser. I haven't tested how many tabs you can open, but it's a great browser.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast