Store not showing App Updates.

Galos Marius

May 8, 2013
Visit site
of course the first logical step is to reset your phone to the factory settings but who wants that?
and no its not because it shows the updates in some hours on the tile maybe a day or two.some of us never gate the updates on the tile.i didnt recive any update info for a month now it is a real problem not a matter of hours like some say

arthurlmtencate

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I agree with Galos Marius, I'm not going to do a hard reset/ back to factory settings..
I haven't received notifications since the last general windows phone update (that finally resolved the proximity sensor problem..)

I've tried the following:
- Unpin store, clear Ie10 cache, soft reset, re-pin store tile
- All the steps above of MJS9
- downloading all the updates at Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
- Flight mode for a night

and still not giving the store updates notifications..

armyamo

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I finally found the solution from a user on Microsoft Answers:

1. Unpin store
2. Erase IE history
3. Install a new keyboard (any language)
4. After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
5. Uninstall the keyboard
6. Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
7. Re-pin store.

I immediately had updates show up!

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
this is probably one of the worst things about WP8 and their costumer support not being able to fix it. none of the steps listed above worked for me, no updates for weeks and have no time to look each of them manually.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!... :smile:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Another hangup that has to do with the "find my phone" is if you go to the website (on a computer), and it can't locate your phone, check to see that other phones have been deleted (if you've come from a different WP device to this one), and also despite it saying it can't locate your phone, actually click the locate your phone button/link, and force it to look. This happened with the 822 that I passed down to my wife, who was upgrading from a Trophy to the 822 when I got my 928.

crapapult

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I finally found the solution from a user on Microsoft Answers:

1. Unpin store
2. Erase IE history
3. Install a new keyboard (any language)
4. After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
5. Uninstall the keyboard
6. Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
7. Re-pin store.

I immediately had updates show up!

Works for me. Thank you!

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
works fine for me... got 3 updates yesterday... and 2 updates before yesterday....
but yes... i did a soft reset and then re-pin the tile to make it work...... :) :)

BrunoShady

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!... :smile:

didnt work for me =(

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I spent TWO MONTHS trying to get to the root of this with Microsoft and Orange. After all this time the best I got from Microsoft was - "As you may know by now, we are set to release an update for the Windows Phone 8 experience that provides new features and improvements. Your issue has been identified as one of the items that may be addressed with this update.". I sent my phone to Nokia this week, waiting for a fix or a replacement.

Just to be clear - none of the steps listed above worked for me, not even a hard reset that Microsoft was so persistently encouraging me to perform.

fidla

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
we are on the same boat bro. i tried everything. hard reset and bricked my phone. reflashed it. but the problem remains. *sigh*

Eduardo Tanoue

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I had the same problem. After try all tricks, this one worked for me. I fixed it by doing the following:

1 - set all configs to factory default
2 - remove your sd card (because I had some doubts about compatibility)
3 - Go to settings > find my phone and untick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”. Restart your phone --> tick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”.
4 - go to setting --> wifi --> advanced --> untick "Keep WiFi on when screen times out"
5 - setting --> phone update --> tick "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it"
(I believe that the next steps were the most important!)
6 -check "push notification" at "angry birds Roost" (version < 1.4.0.687)
7 - pin "angry birds Roost" to start
8 - leave your cell phone turned on

After 24hs I receive all updates (~11 updates). OBS.: U need know if have any uptade available in the store...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3