What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed lately that the average person now seems too av at least heard of a Windows Phone and do know a little bit about them, hence I don't hear so many stupid comments about them which is a pity....

That's not a pity, that's a blessing!

The only stupid comments will be coming from fanboys now.

That's sad.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I know two female friends who have had Nokia Lumia 925s for just 4-5 months, they are both going back to iPhones this month. When I ask them for what reason both of them say the exact same thing, "prefer it", when I ask what exactly do they prefer they both answer exactly the same again, "I don't know really, I just do".
If asked is it the apps and they both say, "no just like iPhone".
I know everyone prefers their own thing but sometimes its depressing when they can't give at least a decent reason....
I think its probably a status thing, just to be able to just say, "i have an iPhone". Stupid...

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I know two female friends who have had Nokia Lumia 925s for just 4-5 months, they are both going back to iPhones this month. When I ask them for what reason both of them say the exact same thing, "prefer it", when I ask what exactly do they prefer they both answer exactly the same again, "I don't know really, I just do".
I know everyone prefers their own thing but sometimes its depressing when they can't give at least a decent reason....
I think its probably a status thing, just to be able to just say, "i have an iPhone". Stupid...

if a wp, android, or non-smart phone user said the same thing, is it also stupid ?

i heard some pretty funny comments about people and their old non-smart phones lately:

i just want one device for one purpose (says the guy with 1 phone, 1 gps navigator, 1 gps tracker, one mp3 player, and one very interesting set of handle bar mounts for all the devices)
i hate android because it lags
i hate windows os (yes, windows "OS")
linux doesn't have a place on the desktop, and never will on phones
there are too many apps on ios

most of the comments are about ios and android, and every now and again i'll here a joke about wp. there just aren't enough users yet to get good quality digs on it yet.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't see anything wrong with this at all. I'd be less convinced if they gave the app excuse. But even at that, I'd have to concede that they tried it.

You have to realize that no two people are alike, their preferences are different, and therefore no single phone (or OS) is going to ever suit everyone. I can completely accept that these women prefer iPhone, and I would even commend them for giving Windows Phone a try. Seriously, I do appreciate their stepping out of the crowd and trying it out. Kudos to them.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One of my iSheep relatives today saw I had a WP and commented 'How many apps do you have? About five?' Such ignorance.

It's not like I see someone with an iPhone and go 'Oh look, you have an iPhone, nice static grid of icons there'.

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.

lmaooo. Troll

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.

I don't understand why that's a stupid question. You might have bought it and found it much worse than you were expecting. Perhaps your conversational partner was interested in buying one themselves and wanted the benefit of your experience.
You might also want to rethink the simile in your last sentence, unless I have completely misunderstand your post.

johnh3

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
One guy in my work ask if my Lumia have apps since it run Windows. But I suppose he doesnt know.
I guess this is a marketing issue to.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had multiple people mistake my 920 for a sony xperia, still don't know why...

Also people say my screen is ugly even though the 920 has a higher ppi then most of their phones and the 920 has way more realistic colour saturation...
*sigh* I hate poeple...

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
"The camera sucks in the 920 because..."
"... the pictures are blurry" (referring to the shallow depth of field)
"... I can't shoot in a pitch black room" (referring to the low light capabilities)

and ranking at #1...
"because it's only 8.7MP"

Happened with me a lot of times.. Also, a friend of my dad who according to my dad and his friend's is a lot of tech guy, said to my Lumia 920, they should have made it with aluminum rather than plastic. It would be tough like his iPhone 5 then.... Lol... I just had to control my laugh cause I didn't want to disrespect him..

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Me: i want lumia 625, please.
Shop keeper: please don't buy, its useless and it doesn't have Bluetooth sharing for videos, it don't have apps..bla bla bla.. He guaranteed me that i will come back to replace.
Me: I told i already have s4 as backup and itouch as backup.
Shopkeeper: ok take it, Rs. 18,500/- only.
Me: Please reduce i am your trusted buyer.
Shopkeeper: 15,500/-
Me: why?? Haha
Shopkeeper: No one is buying, at least i will recover cost . All are coming backup next day to resale it. This is last piece.
Me: lol, give it. I just wanna feel how windows phone feel.

This is what u heard is every local stores.. Lumia is scrap don't buy.
Reason is, shopkeeper don't get higher commission in windows phone. On contrary, Samsung pays heavy commission...
I suggested this to Nokia feedback. Guest what i was paid Rs. 500/- ecash as a reward from Nokia consumer council.

Sent from my L625

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had someone today look at my phone, this is the conversation.

Women - What's that,
Me - Its my phone,
Women - But it not iphone,
Me - I know, its a Nokia Windows Phone,
Women - That's not an iphone,
Me - I know,
Women - Why do you have that?
Me - Because its the phone I like,
Women - (shakes head while walking off) But its not iphone tho...

Lol grrrrr

Let me correct that for you.. :D

Women - What's that,
Me - Its my phone,
Women - But it not iphone,
Me - I know, its a Nokia Windows Phone,
Women - That's not an iphone,
Me - I know,
Women - Why do you have that?
Me - Because its not an iPhone..
Women - (shakes head while walking off)

I just hate when people over hype iPhone. I like iPhones but the over hype and the over price makes me hate iPhone.. Lol but I would never buy an iPhone cause I love WP8..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss