Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello together,
    just got myself some nfc stickers and trying to play around a little bit with nokia nfc writer .. but i am wondering about some things.

First: reading the tag
    Is it possible to deactivate the question if i really want to do something? can it not just open whatever i hover it over?

second:
    Can i write more than one command on a sticker? Like - disable Wifi and start app

third:
    Can i code something so the sticker is more like a toggle? so .. place it near sticker - wifi of - take it the sticker - wifi on again

Forth:
    tried a simple command with opening page in browser - working al right on my phone but hovering a galaxy nexus over it - it does exactly nothing. is there a way to make those stickers "standardized? How would a vcard to contacts sticker work if i'd need one for every system - would look funny with 5 stickers in one place

Would like to know too :)

Same here, for the house and car.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    second:
    Can i write more than one command on a sticker? Like - disable Wifi and start app

third:
    Can i code something so the sticker is more like a toggle? so .. place it near sticker - wifi of - take it the sticker - wifi on again
    2- you can make one command do multiple things on Android, no idea on WP8
    3- Nope, WP8 prevents this. This is the biggest reason you don't see more people on here playing with NFC and developing for it, its pretty limited on WP8.

interesting and sad at once :)

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    4. Usually for standard actions like a website, the tag should work with other NFC phones as well. (Same thing with a vCard and plain text because these are standard data formats.)

I've used my HTC Amaze Android phone to encode a URL, then I used the 8X Windows Phone and the windows phone was able to read the tag fine. I did it the other way around too, I used NFC Launchit to encode a URL and my HTC Amaze phone was able to read it.

It might have something to do with the way your Windows Phone or App encoded the tag?
    Maybe try using your Android phone first?

I had these same questions and disappointed that It cant do at least two tasks and have it do them without comfirming