Whats your favorite Windows Phone 8 phone?

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and the other major reason I couldn't love the Lumia 920 is because you can't rest it up against something to read an ebook while you are having lunch or a coffee, etc. The bottom is too rounded and slippery and it slides on the bench and falls flat. I spend a lot of time reading ebooks and the HTC 8X is very happy being propped up against all sorts of objects because of its flat bottom edge and non-slip surface.

If the 8X had more RAM and the support of Nokia behind it, easily this phone. It is the best-feeling phone I have ever held.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
out of all the windows phone 8 devices heres the list based on design and feel alone:
1. HTC 8x- The looks the color the feel of this phone are fantastic. The screen pops and with htc's custom theme colors matching colors of the phone it makes it a beauty to look at.
2.Lumia 920- The phone is gorgeous i own it, the curved glass the cutting edge tech and weight make it feel like a solid premium phone.Also all the tech in the phone is amazing, example pureview tech, cbd, puremotion, qi, etc
3. HTC 8s- Color combos are amazing as are the screens, low end specs are a deal breaker for me.
4. Lumia 620- cool looking design and premium features for low end device.
5. Lumia 720- ^^^^^
6.Samsung Ativ s- The size look and screen.
7. Lumia 810- Design and OLED screen.
8. Lumia 822- ^^^^
9. Lumia 820- ^^^^

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll be the first to say it - The Samsung Ativ S. The 4.8 inch screen is the biggest and in my opinion the best on any windows phone to date with the super amoled technology, the SD expansion is so useful as well as the removable battery and not the need to use a SIM card key to change them. The build quality and reliability is the best I am having vs the 920 and 8X I have had. I have had not a single problem (touch wood) with the Ativ S. I love it. I really hope Samsung continues making more windows phones like this.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll be the first to say it - The Samsung Ativ S. The 4.8 inch screen is the biggest and in my opinion the best on any windows phone to date with the super amoled technology, the SD expansion is so useful as well as the removable battery and not the need to use a SIM card key to change them. The build quality and reliability is the best I am having vs the 920 and 8X I have had. I have had not a single problem (touch wood) with the Ativ S. I love it. I really hope Samsung continues making more windows phones like this.

I didn't get this phone but I also hope Samsung makes future WP devices. I was reading something about limited 1080 support from Microsoft as a possible reason why other 4.7"+ devices haven't surfaced. I hope that's not true. I was actually hoping for HTC to make a soft touch or aluminum 4.8". That would be great as well! :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I love my 810, but I was really looking to get a 920 in yellow. I played extensively with a 920 in white at an AT&T store a few months back and absolutely fell in love with it, but I'm on T-Mobile. Don't regret buying the 810, though, because it's probably just as good in spite of my preference of the 920 form factor and variety of colors.

anon(5332385)

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
if (920 has MicroSD && 920 smaller) {
920 wins!
} else if (820 storage > 8GB && 820 less wide && can load apps on SD) {
820 wins!
} else if ((520, 620,720) == LTE && can load apps on SD) {
520, 620, and 720 wins!
} else if (samsung smaller) {
samsung wins!
} else {
undecided....but loving the 820 :)
}

Sorry...just got done reading a programming :)

That's Java right? If so, you're missing your print statements: System.out.println("Like this ;)");

David Rollinson

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The 8X is better that the 920 for reading eBooks in bed, for 2 reasons. 1. It weighs much less and doesn't tire your grip, and 2. The 3 permanent back-lit buttons aren't dazzlingly bright in dark, like they are on the 920. On the 920 it is pretty much impossible to read in the dark with a dimmed screen because the backlit buttons are so bright, and there is no way to turn them off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes