Google contacts imported into Outlook.com not syncing

froesei

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
After the whole Google sync fiasco, I decided to go google free and move everything over to my old hotmail account, which is the primary account I use on my Lumia 920. So, I imported all of my google contacts into outlook.com, deleted my google account on my phone, and all was well. Contacts synced as expected.

Unfortunately, my 920 recently bricked, and just today I received the replacement unit from Nokia. Now, after setting up the phone again, none of the contacts I imported into Outlook.com from Gmail are showing up on the phone. I know the syncing relationship exists, because the calendar is syncing, as well as any contacts I had entered on that account prior to importing my Gmail contacts. In other words, contacts created natively/originally in outlook.com sync fine, but none of the others do. But, they did sync prior to setting up a fresh phone, as I'm doing now.

I've phoned support and they are investigating, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this.

Thanks.

Graham Wedderburn

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I've had the same issue and have joined just to share in hopes of getting a solution.

After sending my phone back for repair I was given a completely new one with firmware update which I was initially happy about. I added my Live and Google Accounts before finding my contacts not working properly. After finding the Google Sync issue I logged in to Outlook.com; synced my contacts there and hoped that would sort it out but one week in and still having issues. If I could remove my Live account and re-add it I think that'd be worth it but don't really want to factory reset my phone again.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
After the whole Google sync fiasco, I decided to go google free and move everything over to my old hotmail account, which is the primary account I use on my Lumia 920. So, I imported all of my google contacts into outlook.com, deleted my google account on my phone, and all was well. Contacts synced as expected.

Unfortunately, my 920 recently bricked, and just today I received the replacement unit from Nokia. Now, after setting up the phone again, none of the contacts I imported into Outlook.com from Gmail are showing up on the phone. I know the syncing relationship exists, because the calendar is syncing, as well as any contacts I had entered on that account prior to importing my Gmail contacts. In other words, contacts created natively/originally in outlook.com sync fine, but none of the others do. But, they did sync prior to setting up a fresh phone, as I'm doing now.

I've phoned support and they are investigating, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this.

Thanks.

The question is, if You have really imported these Google contacts into Hotmail or have You just given Hotmail an access to them on Google account ?
I had this problem, that I have just given the accesss. It seemed like Hotmail displayed them like they would be imported but they were not. So I was going crazy to import them on my phone and I was unable to !
Then... I went to my google account, exported all the contacts to the outlook file and then I imported this into Hotmail. Then I removed the access to Google contacts and... yes, everything was in place and displaying correctly, of course the phone was able to import these contacts, too.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Maybe you could try unlinking your google account from outlook and re-linking it again on outlook.com. That might trigger it to sync properly again. Or you could try doing that on your phone side. Did you make sure your google account was linked under accounts on your WP8 device?

Its not like your data is lost. Just try setting up the link again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte