Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    Anybody else wish a company would make a phone with a keyboard and windows phone 8?

Nope 😝

Absolutely YES. My wife and I use our phones for our businesses and need to use them to create and edit actual content. We use the Microsoft Office Apps. We miss the Worlds Best physical keyboard on our HTC TouchPro2. We know that games, entertainment and socializing don't understand.
    I would love that concept that it is full touch, but when you are typing, physical keys would pop up.

Global Posts
    32,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    I would love that concept that it is full touch, but when you are typing, physical keys would pop up.
    That is a really cool idea.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Anybody else wish a company would make a phone with a keyboard and windows phone 8?
    Yes. We've been begging on the forums since 2011 to no avail. I've almost given up hope. I'm set with my Quantum until at least WP8 GDR2 comes out. WP8 as it is now is not really an upgrade to WP7.8 in my opinion.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    Its like that special screen thing that someone invented, its called tactus I think
    WhippedKream likes this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Yes! I still miss my Tilt. Or at least I used to have a bluetooth physical keyboard made by Freedom that connected with my Windows Mobile phones and allowed me to use them like a laptop. I miss those days.

HTC 8 Pro or a qwerty slider Lumia would be perfect
    boovish likes this.
    Yes. Exactly what I want. I have work to do and a virtual keyboard does not cut it. My Blackberry Torch worked better than my iPhone partly because it had a physical keyboard. I want Windows 8 because I am going Windows all the way: Enterprise software, phone, tablet/laptop. I am tired of a lack of integration in products. Like I said, I have work to do. And, after trying the alternatives for 8 months, this solution is what I feel is the best for me.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    I know right

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I want a Dell Venue Pro like device with Windows Phone 8. Portrait sliders are my favorite style of hardware.

Yes. I can't stand touch screens
    Quote Originally Posted by dainla View Post
    Yes. I can't stand touch screens
    The closest thing you will get to no touch (more like less touch) in this day in age would be the Q10. If you desperately need a physical keyboard, just get that.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    i don't want a physical keyboard, i just want the keyboard from WP7, its so much better than WP8
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vtective View Post
    I want a Dell Venue Pro like device with Windows Phone 8. Portrait sliders are my favorite style of hardware.
    Me too! If they ccan make it thinner with better specs, people will buy it

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing a wp8 on the market with a hardware keyboard, because it would be nice to know I had that option. But predictive text makes this keyboard more than bearable.

And that's a big statement coming from me. Before windows phone I wouldn't even think of buying a fully touch phone, regardless of specs.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcagga View Post
    Me too! If they ccan make it thinner with better specs, people will buy it
    I agree, that's probably why so many people bought the HP Pre3 in america
    LG VX8500>KIN ONEm>Palm Pixi Plus>KIN ONE>Palm Pixi Plus>Lumia 822
    >Droid X>Droid 1>Lumia 822>Droid 3>Lumia 822/iPhone 4/Veer 4G
    All on VZW except iPhone and Veer

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    The closest thing you will get to no touch (more like less touch) in this day in age would be the Q10. If you desperately need a physical keyboard, just get that.
    I don't recall using the word desperate

Hell yeah! I love my 7 Pro and would really like to get a WP8 device. But without a qwerty keyboard I just cant work... So give me a nice thin and surface-design like HTC 8 Pro and I am happy as hell :)

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    In today's climate, thin is in. To have a thin phone with a physical kb, you'll lose screen size. Throw in a slider of any kind and you get a thick phone. The Dell was a wonderful device with a beautiful screen and a superb kb, but it had some shortcomings. Those of us old enough to remember Palm Treos are probably the ones who miss keyboards more than anybody else. With the new-found love affair with the stylus, we can only hope that keyboards make a comeback as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

We need Apple to invent the stylus, and the physical (actual) keyboard (like they did windows (Zerox), the tablet, and the up coming watch), then we can have a physical keyboard.
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Its like that special screen thing that someone invented, its called tactus I think
    In case anyone is wondering, he's talking about this beautiful concept!

Tactus Morphing Touchscreen Keyboard, Hands On | Engadget At CES 2013 - YouTube

i would love one...but a cheap one is want i want...maybe like what bb is doing with the bb10 curve type devices...but again i love wp8 over bb10 so i wont consider that anyways

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I agree. It broke my heart to give up my HTC TouchPro2 keyboard. Windows phones are for work and need larger screens and slideout keyboards with dedicated number keys.
    Thanked by:
    Dances with clouds likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast