How many people have you converted to WP so far?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just converted to WP8 after using Gingerbread. The interface is great, like the tiles format but there are alot of apps missing from MS-WP.

Im sincerely hoping for more free apps AND games to come through in the coming days. The battery life(lumia 620) sucks at the moment but I am hanging in there... Also Hoping for a Citrix App so that I can use my company's VPN to access emails. Any idea if there is an app that can access Outlook Web Interface directly and deliver mails in a format that's like our usual Outlook? Thx again

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
4 so far and all of them are impressed 3 lumia 820's and 1 lumia 920, once people give it a honest try they like it more than android and ios but we just need a couple more apps to perfect the platform

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
None. Most of them like my phone but they are not ready to give up their iOS/Android for a phone that hasn't all the "cool" apps...(instagram, hootsuite, flipboard, etc...)

Macdaddy0

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
well ive converted myself from my note II ...Hard to do at first but was an awesome decision...the only thing i miss is my battery life of the note 2....Trying to convert my wife to to wp.....but she loves her gs3....she is a hard sell right now but will see!!!!!!

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
well ive converted myself from my note II ...Hard to do at first but was an awesome decision...the only thing i miss is my battery life of the note 2....Trying to convert my wife to to wp.....but she loves her gs3....she is a hard sell right now but will see!!!!!!

Ha

I was about to get a Note 2 and in the last minutes i changed my mind towards 920 and finally got the 820.

Just curious , what made u to ditch note 2 ?

nsbabra

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
3 - Lumia 620.
2 - Lumia 800.
2 - Lumia 920.
2 - Lumia 820.
2 - Lumia 610.
1 - Lumia 510.
1 - Lumia 710.

a total of 13+ .(And myself to Lumia 920) .

Saerise

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
After the fall of web os I came to WP and converted my to WP from android. I miss web os :(
<3 webos! I have just converted myself after upgrading my PC to 8. I hated ios and Android left me wanting. I've only had my Lumia a couple of days but I love it. I will probably be converting my husband and parents before too long. I got my father into webos, and I think WP feels closer to it than what the other options have.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If my wife's BB Bold 9900 is finally paid out, she'll be considering WP. She's flicking up and dowm my 8X's home screen, when she gets the chance to ...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
My friends and i don't really talk about tech and gadgets much when we're out so I can't say I have been selling WP too much. I'd say maybe one cousin and one friend have bought WP after I showed it to them.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, only one, in my friend Irene, who has a Lumia 710. I talked her into going with a WP in late 2011. Tried talking my friend Jennifer into getting one as well, and she was interested in doing so, but alas, she just ordered an iPhone 5 from T-Mobile the other day. It will be interesting if I can convince my mom to get a WP, but right now I'm trying to convince her to first get a cell phone in general, lol!

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Zero.

Unless MSFT would like to pay me a salary I take no responsibility to convert anyone to anything. G doesn't work for free.

Word!

(Haven't even managed to convert myself to WP8. Too many naggy little issues that make we want to smash the thing to bits on a daily basis. Does that mean I'm responsible for -1 converts?)

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
i converted myself. after using iphone for years and then 1 year with android.
i also converted my boss (well she play with my phone, loved it, and bought exactly the same model, 920, just diff. colour). another friend loved it too and may get one as well.

it's not about how many converts become money for you, but more people use it, more apps eventually will come out.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I usually happy with smartphones which has Symbian OS installed, but since it's getting old, and I need an upgrade for my phone (my previous phone is 6700 slide), I see another option that is much better than any other OS: Windows Phone. So I checked up there, and the most cheapest WP8 phone is L620. So I bought it, and it's my primary phone now ;)

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I converted 4 people to WP so far. All my best friends. One from the Galaxy S to Lumia 520, iPhone 4 to Lumia 920 and Galaxy S advance to HTC 8X. One more from iPhone 4S to ATIV S. My self I am using Lumia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism