Anyone seen clear tiles like this?

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
Just saw an add on Nokia US's Facebook wall that had this image attached to the ad. Has anyone seen clear live tiles like this before?? It looks freaking cool, but I'm not sure how they're doing it.

Screen shot 2013-04-19 at 2.52.48 PM.jpg

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ahh...yup, indeed it is. Kinda cool, they just need to add more app compatibility. Would love to see clear live tiles as an option down the road though. Thanks for the answer!

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't really work since basically none of my apps are represented :( .

Its really insane that i cant choose something like that natively in wp.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
yes, it does look great, but the number of applications it supports at this time is rather limited. It also does not support many/perhaps none, of the native phone features. So while it's really potentially quite beautiful, she really won't give me the time of day. Wait, wrong metaphor.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
yes, it does look great, but the number of applications it supports at this time is rather limited. It also does not support many/perhaps none, of the native phone features. So while it's really potentially quite beautiful, she really won't give me the time of day. Wait, wrong metaphor.
Yeah, after looking into it I found it wasn't really for me. Almost none of the apps I have on my start screen were supported. I would love to see some functionality like that come one day to all apps.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No, its just that WP is so closed on customization that these awesome ideas cant really work. Sadly, its one of the reasons Im switching from my 920.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It cannot replace my tiles with an image, it doesnt do much good. Replacing 1 out of 60+ tile backgrounds really isnt what ypu want with an app like this.
What Im saying cant work is the concept.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It cannot replace my tiles with an image, it doesnt do much good. Replacing 1 out of 60+ tile backgrounds really isnt what ypu want with an app like this.
What Im saying cant work is the concept.

Well... Atleast we got a functioning system with features added as we go along instead of a system that they're trying to get functional. After two years of the Android-mess... I couldn't be happier.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well... Atleast we got a functioning system with features added as we go along instead of a system that they're trying to get functional. After two years of the Android-mess... I couldn't be happier.

Well that's a debate. For me, android has things it does far better than wp, and wp has things it does better.
Personally, i value the things android does better higher than the things WP does better.
I never saw android as a mess, by the way. Any examples?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3