Adding Two-Step Verification to Microsoft causes sign in issues with Xbox games and music?

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this? Can't sign in so no Xbox Music Pass streaming and Xbox games.

Edit: So I had to add an app password pointed out by the WP support via twitter. Saw that option earlier but didn't think I had to set it up for Xbox games and music.

Last edited:

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After I set up the two step verification, I can't sign in into "Dev center" app. Tried to use the normal password, the password from authenticator and the password for the apps that don't support it, no luck. Anyone can help me ?

Jordan Martinetti

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that for some reason it can't do two step verifications for some reason. I had the same problem with google when I had two step enabled. My mail wouldn't synch. Turned it off and poof it worked.

Shatznr

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
really? I love my windows phone and I am a huge MS supporter - but they launched a new 2-step verification system and their own apps do not support it? Are you kidding me?!?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I just had this problem today. Not very friendly, better have everything working rather than partially. Good for accounts not associated with windows phone.

Jean_Philippe VERT

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use 2-step authentication with app password, but I never succeed to make it work with Chronos Calendar or VsysCalendar. I also find very strange that you can't revoke only one password, it's all or nothing.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What a fail from MS. their own apps doesn't support two-step verification. I can't sync Onenote or Xbox music and there's no place to enter an "app specific password" in One Note.

unklemunkle

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Devcenter app has started working for me - I'm using the same app-specific password as before, so I guess there must have been some back-end change.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had issues with the two step and just went to the deskyop and disabled the two step verification. Ill try to figure it out later

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, it would work if, as soon as Authenticator is enabled, it would have you sign in to your account manually so it can go through the 2SV process, like what SkyDrive and Facebook do. Instead, all Xbox services, including games, attempt to sign into Xbox Live automatically, which of course fails because it cannot access your account due to its extra layer of security. Big flaw in the system that Microsoft should've known about prior to the creation of Authenticator and 2SV.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Agreed surely they know this by now and are taking steps to correct this. I think the idea is good the implementation/execution needs to be improved!

timamann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
yep. I've the "attention required" on my Microsoft account and password is not valid, though it is on my Lumia 920. And I can't access my Xbox music pass at all or sync OneNote. On any music playback attempt I get "Sorry can't play this file type". So right now I'm getting any value out of Xbox music pass. Come on Microsoft get this fixed now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos