Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    Exactly how I though 3 months ago WP8 should have been. Good read, better concept. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/wp_blue/...800PocketPC%29
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV

I saw that. It's amazing. I feel like if Microsoft really wants WP to win and take that #1 spot, they need to do something like this.
    AlexanderPD likes this.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    That looks amazing.

Seems like a sea of icons/tiles tho.

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    This is pretty badass. Normally don't comment on stuff like this, but I approve, for what its worth. It will take time before these little things catch on, though 😞

hah, i like that Nokia wannabe brand name up there. BTW its too andriod-ish for my taste.

That's an Android with a WP skin.
    Thanked by:

Gorgeous

Global Posts
    4,719 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    It's way too much like Android for my taste. I mean, it takes way too many cues from Android. Especially the device manager.

6 columns of small tiles is overkill on a Lumia 620. I'd rather have an option to either have the current layout or 3 medium tiles without the option to use small tiles. The concept is fine on a 4.5"+ device, though.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
    Thanked by:
    Dazzi 

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    There are a few visual styles that are clearly close to Android, but I think the message has gotten across. Microsoft can implement these features in an attractive way, and without being a ripoff of other systems.

very nice concept!

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    The first half of the phone in the first photo looked like the One X, but I really love all of the concepts! As I said before...Simplicity doesn't have to mean absent. There are basic functions of WP that should have been implemented long before now, and hopefully Microsoft has gotten all of our threads and messages and will implement a seamless simplistic interface with kick a** functionality! Only time will tell... :)

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Damn that is the best concept I have seen for windows phone. I love it. Lets hope that Microsoft has something like this planned for windows blue

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    6 columns of small tiles is overkill on a Lumia 620. I'd rather have an option to either have the current layout or 3 medium tiles without the option to use small tiles. The concept is fine on a 4.5"+ device, though.
    The concept is riffing off the rumour that 1080p devices – which will invariably be close to or over 5.0" – will get an option for a third column of tiles. Two will definitely still be available.

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    The concept is riffing off the rumour that 1080p devices which will invariably be close to or over 5.0" will get an option for a third column of tiles. Two will definitely still be available.
    I really loved the Facebook concept too! Matter of fact, that's how Facebook should look on every device: smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.

Please guys if you like any concept that they do, please tweet it and show your support...that's how changes are made when demand is present!

Global Posts
    3,905 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I like this concept quite a lot. I don't like the name 'Device Center' ... I'd prefer something different along the lines of message or notification or whatever but device doesn't ring true to me for some reason. The only thing I am quite happy with how it is right now is the start screen. I actually prefer the current start screen to the one in the concept. My 2 cents...

I think that the "device center" should not be accessible by swiping left from any app. It would conflict with 99% of the apps and games. I feel it should be an app that's integrated into WP8, so that we could put it as a live tile on the start screen for easy access. Maybe switching the voice command to the search button instead and accessing the device center by long-pressing the start button would be better.

At least that's what i personally feel 😁
    Clutter.

Only thing I like is - start up with intro to how WP works.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    Dazzi 
    eric12341 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Some of stuff is really amazing, especially device center.

Wow, that phone is gorgeous! The concept is even better! I don't like the "device center" being a left swipe from any app. Most apps have their own interfaces swiping left. There has to be another way. But I like the four types of live tiles. However, I feel like in Blue all Live Tiles need to update in real-time, especially if a notification center is coming.

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Clutter.

That's the great thing about windows phone though that we all enjoy, is customization. Personally I like the dev center and wish I had a GS4 sized phone that would look great with all those tiles. Personally everything is near perfect for me within' the concept. The only thing I would like as others stated is a TILE for the device center, not swipe from left.

"Device center is the new center for notifications and quick settings. Swipe from the left side from any location or app to open the new Device center"

It doesn't make sense swiping from the left from any location or app. Toast notifications work perfect for me when I'm in apps. I can simply press the toast if it's important, then go back to what I was doing with the back button.

However, it does make sense to swipe from the left on the home screen for notifications of missed toasts etc. Also, a tile for quick settings or swipe down from the top -- It doesn't bother me that Blackberry and Android do the same. End of the day it works. Furthermore, I understand extra small tiles for bigger screens, but what about having bigger tiles for stuff like news readers?

I respect the guys concept, but there is no need to try reinvent the wheel. If Microsoft were to change WP8 they way this guy wants, then that would be the day I would go to Android -- If I wanted clutter and confusion, then I would of waited 3 extra months for HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 instead of my L920.
    jlzimmerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Clutter.

+1

I don't understand why so many people like this. Its super cluttered, inconsistent as hell and often completely ignores visual alignment and basic UI standards.

I understand people want features, but these random concepts people come up with are not good at all. I would vomit in my mouth if MS produced this for the next WP update.
    Thanked by:
    Dazzi 
    jlzimmerman likes this.

Wow, looks amazing, one of the best concepts ive seen, keep up the good work!!!
    too bad I that the chance that MS is gonna use it is really slim, although the guy used to work for Nokia or MS i forgot.
    Love this concept! Will definitely tweet this one.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast