"Find My Phone" bug?

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys - In "Settings", when I scroll down to "Find My Phone" it says "off" under it, but when I go into the Find My Phone section it says "On". I want it to be on, but since it says "off" in the Settings menu in the grey text, I'm wondering if it's actually on or off? I went to windowsphone.com and logged and tried to use it, but it can't find it :S And yes, location is turned on as well.

Do any of you see this too? (Using an awesome Lumia 920 here)

Taiger78

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - In "Settings", when I scroll down to "Find My Phone" it says "off" under it, but when I go into the Find My Phone section it says "On". I want it to be on, but since it says "off" in the Settings menu in the grey text, I'm wondering if it's actually on or off? I went to windowsphone.com and logged and tried to use it, but it can't find it :S And yes, location is turned on as well.

Do any of you see this too? (Using an awesome Lumia 920 here)

I have never got this to work either, it always says that position is not available. Have tried disable and enable a couple of times to see if there is any difference ...But it never works. (and I do not live in any of the countries MS have said that its not available ...)

lowry

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just had my Lumia replaced due to getting bricked during a phone reset. I now have this issue. On a friends 920 it does not even have an on/off sldier it has 2 checkboxes instead.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've done that and it still didn't help :/

Well, crap. One day I was going to do that but I guess I wont. My Titan II worked fine, my first 920 worked fine and my wife's works fine. It's just the replacement one I was sent. It does bug me everytime I see the "off".

Dobroslav

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 620, but after an update, the menu bug is removed (so, when "find my phone" is on, in menu i see "find, lock your phone etc.")

But, I can't find my phone anyway. I've done the hard reset many times but no luck :(

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, crap. One day I was going to do that but I guess I wont. My Titan II worked fine, my first 920 worked fine and my wife's works fine. It's just the replacement one I was sent. It does bug me everytime I see the "off".

yea bugs me too, it has to do with the replacement devices somehow its screws up something

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It has been on my 521 since I purchased it over a month ago. It is a bug in the OS and there is no solution that I have heard of. Keep in mind if you have it turned on when you go in the setting itself, it is on. It just will say it is off in the settings listing.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It has been on my 521 since I purchased it over a month ago. It is a bug in the OS and there is no solution that I have heard of. Keep in mind if you have it turned on when you go in the setting itself, it is on. It just will say it is off in the settings listing.

Yes, but it does not work properly. Before this bug, my phone would save it's location daily. Now that I have this bug, it never does. I have to manually search for my phone on windowsphone.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3