Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey guys - In "Settings", when I scroll down to "Find My Phone" it says "off" under it, but when I go into the Find My Phone section it says "On". I want it to be on, but since it says "off" in the Settings menu in the grey text, I'm wondering if it's actually on or off? I went to windowsphone.com and logged and tried to use it, but it can't find it :S And yes, location is turned on as well.

Do any of you see this too? (Using an awesome Lumia 920 here)

it's just a user interface bug

Quote Originally Posted by thaman04 View Post
    Hey guys - In "Settings", when I scroll down to "Find My Phone" it says "off" under it, but when I go into the Find My Phone section it says "On". I want it to be on, but since it says "off" in the Settings menu in the grey text, I'm wondering if it's actually on or off? I went to windowsphone.com and logged and tried to use it, but it can't find it :S And yes, location is turned on as well.

Do any of you see this too? (Using an awesome Lumia 920 here)
    I have never got this to work either, it always says that position is not available. Have tried disable and enable a couple of times to see if there is any difference ...But it never works. (and I do not live in any of the countries MS have said that its not available ...)

I just had my Lumia replaced due to getting bricked during a phone reset. I now have this issue. On a friends 920 it does not even have an on/off sldier it has 2 checkboxes instead.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My 8X has the same problem, but all the options at windowsphone.com seem to work fine.
    Phones: SideKick 4G > LG Quantum > HTC 8X > Nokia Lumia 920 & Nexus 4 > Nokia Lumia 1520 > Current: Nokia Lumia Icon / 929
    Media: Zune 4 (Red) > Current: Zune HD 16 (x2) & Zune 30 (Brown) & Zune 80 (Black)
    Tablet: Acer Iconia Tab A100 > Current: Acer Iconia Tab W4

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    If you check the box where it says save my location periodicaly... The "off" will be gone

Quote Originally Posted by mariusmuntean View Post
    If you check the box where it says save my location periodicaly... The "off" will be gone
    Where is this box at, I didn't see it under location or find my phone on my 8x (I checked a few other menus as well)

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    My replacement 920 has the same issue. There are other threads about it. Basically you have to remove the devices from windowsphone.com and do a hard reset.

Find My Phone Setting Varies

Find My Phone Problem

Find My Phone shows as "Off" in the Settings Menu, but it appears to be On
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 05-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    My replacement 920 has the same issue. There are other threads about it. Basically you have to remove the devices from windowsphone.com and do a hard reset.
    I've done that and it still didn't help :/
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I've done that and it still didn't help :/
    Well, crap. One day I was going to do that but I guess I wont. My Titan II worked fine, my first 920 worked fine and my wife's works fine. It's just the replacement one I was sent. It does bug me everytime I see the "off".
    Thanked by:

I have the same problem with my Lumia 620, but after an update, the menu bug is removed (so, when "find my phone" is on, in menu i see "find, lock your phone etc.")

But, I can't find my phone anyway. I've done the hard reset many times but no luck :(

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Well, crap. One day I was going to do that but I guess I wont. My Titan II worked fine, my first 920 worked fine and my wife's works fine. It's just the replacement one I was sent. It does bug me everytime I see the "off".
    yea bugs me too, it has to do with the replacement devices somehow its screws up something

I got a replacement 920 - same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this?

It has been on my 521 since I purchased it over a month ago. It is a bug in the OS and there is no solution that I have heard of. Keep in mind if you have it turned on when you go in the setting itself, it is on. It just will say it is off in the settings listing.

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekyal View Post
    It has been on my 521 since I purchased it over a month ago. It is a bug in the OS and there is no solution that I have heard of. Keep in mind if you have it turned on when you go in the setting itself, it is on. It just will say it is off in the settings listing.
    Yes, but it does not work properly. Before this bug, my phone would save it's location daily. Now that I have this bug, it never does. I have to manually search for my phone on windowsphone.com.