- 05-02-2013, 10:47 AM #1
Today my life was about to end, error during update & no more access to Navifirm. Then I found this:
Just install, open the Product Support Tool For Store and click tools -> Firmware Download.
Then, you'll just need your Product Code (http://www.uo5oq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2236) and you can download it. Saved my life!
- 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM #3
To help with future questions...to find the cross reference model number that you will need to find your Product Code in Thomas's link, go to Settings -> extras+info and it is down near the bottom.
- 05-02-2013, 01:26 PM #5
There is a lot of good stuff on there...
Apps and everything else... Look under Windows_app (think they are apps for Windows 8)
Interesting on what you can find for just looking around on a public ftp..
- 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM #7
This might put me behind bars but if anyone thinks there is no legal stuff stopping you - can you please take down as many version on your terabyte sort of hard drive dedicated to WPCentral in case this link goes bust ;)
- 05-02-2013, 03:22 PM #8
Take a look in the wp8/920 directory...
There's a firmware in there
My ATT L920 is on 1232.5962.1314.0001
I wonder what the extra .0003 does...possibly the international version of the 1314 update?
- 05-05-2013, 06:13 AM #15
sorry if this is a stupid question since the only unofficial stuff I've done is a custom rom for my old Omnia 7, but now I have a Telstra Branded (unlocked) Lumia 920, would a rom flash through this method rid of the Telstra branding? how about future updates? would I receive them?
- 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM #17
If you want to do that, use this method and the download links here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=2093342
However telstra users are getting the 1314 update in 10 days time and they generally receive updates a few weeks before unbranded users, so since navifirm has shut down i'd recommend staying on the telstra firmware. I'll probably flash back to telstra fw for the faster updates.
05-07-2013, 10:17 AM #18
- 55 Posts
thanks for blinkthinks for tutorial
Here’s a trick to download official Nokia firmware without Navifirm+
Things you need:
1. Latest version of Nokia Suite (version 2013_13_4_4 download from Nokia site)
2. usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file
You can download the ‘usergroupsconfiguration.cfg’ file from HERE
Alternate LINK to both files.
1. First install Nokia Suite. Do not run after the installation is finished.
2. After Nokia Suite installs, copy and replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows. Or C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if on 32-bit.
Running Nokia Suite and Downloading the firmware:
1. Open Nokia Suite. And select ‘Product Support Tool For Store 5.0′
2. When prompted, select ‘CareSuite External’ then hit ‘Sign-in’ button.
3. From the Menu, select Tools, then ‘Firmware Download’
4. Now enter the product code of your device, hit ‘Check Online’ button, to check the latest firmware version of your product code.
5. Then ‘tick’ ‘Optional Content Files and ‘Download’ to save your firmware.
6. Wait a few minutes for your files to download
7. You may now manually flash your Nokia device with the firmware you just downloaded.
- Your firmware should be stored in the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products folder of your hard drive.
- If you need to download a different firmware version for the same product code, I suggest you wait for your first download to finish, save all the downloaded files in a marked folder, then proceed with your next download.
- Partial List of Nokia Lumia product codes.
WARNING & DISCLAIMER: This process is for experimental purposes ONLY. I will not be responsible for any damage your device may incur during the manual flashing. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM #19
For what it's worth, most of the stuff on this FTP is almost definitely highly illegal, and I don't know why people think this is an official Nokia site. It's some random Chinese FTP.
I mean, whoever owns it has Office for Windows RT posted (something that nobody has license to distribute over the internet), as well as a ton of presumably cracked full versions of apps and games.
In other words, once you get the Nokia Care Suite (which is itself probably legally questionable) I don't know that you should download anything else from it.
05-17-2013, 03:18 AM #25
- 464 Posts
Last edited by Dustin Hodges; 05-17-2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Image w/o IMEI
- By TheWeeBear in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 30Last Post: 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
- By briankeith513 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 8Last Post: 10-31-2011, 03:23 AM
- By Bballbenb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 200Last Post: 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
- By briankeith513 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 08-10-2011, 07:08 PM