Wow look... View Text Message Backup in Outlook!?

Tomy Morrow

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
i was wondering if this was an app or if it only worked on a windows phone or if i could get it to work on one of my other phones if i put outlook on them. i have a droid 4 and a samsung galaxy s4 and wanted to know how to backup the facebook messages

nikluk20

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Well a problem here from recently dead Lumia 930. it's send to be repaired (possible battery malfunction if not even dead) but i have stored everything on onedrive. now i have received a totaly stupid phone (xperia Z4 something) and i have transfered my contact to the android readable google account but i still need to find a way to transfer my text messages in, possible, same way.
any idea how to do it? would be very helpfull cause i have lots of business info in them.
regards
Nikola

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Summarize of what you need to do. Thanks SgtCornel.
1.Click on the "Settings" gear on the top right (near your name).
2.Select "Manage Categories" from the drop down menu.
3.You will have a lot to choose from, but put check boxes in "Contacts" and "Photos".
4.Now click on the Outlook.com on the top left, this should bring you back to your inbox.
5.Now you should notice the Categories in the bottom left hand side. Click on either Contacts or Photos
6.If you dont see anything, in the top right, click on "Arrange By" and make sure it is set to "Conversation".
7. If some contact does not show up, edit their phone number to have a country code at the beginning by going to https://people.live.com/. For example, change (xxx)xxx-xxxx to 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx.

This has worked for a long time for me. Yesterday there was some sort of update to outlook and I can no longer get it to work.
Contacts & Photo's still are checked. I unchecked and re checked them without any luck.

Any idea's? Using WP 8.1

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs