Can I control music with a locked screen?

atatatata

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been investigating potential purchase of winphone and have come across a following question:

Does any winphone allow me to do play/pause, next/previous track, vol +/- without taking device out of the pocket, using buttons on the phone?

I don't care for hands-free headsets and similar accessories, I just want the phone to be able to do what I already can with nokia 5130.

guihendrix

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a 5130, and miss the weight of this phone D:
but no, you need to take the phone of your pocket, press the unlock button (just to turn the screen on), and then you can control your music.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the many reasons I find capacitive buttons to be gimmicky and useless.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I leave my lockscreen settings so that it doesn't require my passcode for 15 mins so when I'm playing music I can unlock it without the code and swipe across the screen with the music app open to change song, without looking at the phone. You can also use an app like Car Tune5 which you uses more gestures to control your music. Once Nokia release their double tap to wake update it'll be much easier as you won't have to press the power button.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
When you are playing music and need to change songs just pull it out of your pocket, hit the power button and the next and previous buttons are on the lock screen, no need to unlock the device to get to the music controls.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been investigating potential purchase of winphone and have come across a following question:

Does any winphone allow me to do play/pause, next/previous track, vol +/- without taking device out of the pocket, using buttons on the phone?

I don't care for hands-free headsets and similar accessories, I just want the phone to be able to do what I already can with nokia 5130.

Pause or Play :
1.Press button present on the earphone (which is basically also used for answering the calls)
2.Turn ON display and press pause

Next/Previous :
1.Turn ON display and press next/previous
2.If there no passcode , you can unlock device in pocket itself and sliding finger right/left change change music (make sure device is locked when music app is running on screen)

Volume Up/Down :
Physical buttons on the side of the device

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Pause or Play :
1.Press button present on the earphone (which is basically also used for answering the calls)
2.Turn ON display and press pause

Next/Previous :
1.Turn ON display and press next/previous
2.If there no passcode , you can unlock device in pocket itself and sliding finger right/left change change music (make sure device is locked when music app is running on screen)

Volume Up/Down :
Physical buttons on the side of the device
Guys I found that WP works same as Apple iPods and iPhones.

Here's how to control entire music without even touching the phone :

You need earphones with the single button (most earphones comes with a button used for answer/reject calls).

Single Click - Play/Pause
Double click button - Next
Triple Click button - Previous

EDIT : sorry for double post

atatatata

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately, this is a deal breaker for me.
I'll wait to see whether blue update will bring anything that could help me with this.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

You can with a WP compatible headset..Purity Headsets just for example. But with native app before you can do that music player should be suspended in background. You can also try Hey DJ app, it can be launched from lockscreen via Tell Me just by a long press on answer/play button on your headset.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This was the single most missed feature of my BlackBerry Curve. Hold the volume up button for 2 seconds and it skips to the next track and down for previous tracks.

saurabh sharma655

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
hey wat is happening with me... is... sometime it is working, sometime it is not... i do not why it is happening... but sometime it works fine, but sometime it don't.... can you give me any suggestion on this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb