Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By link68759

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi !

I just came a cross a blog saying that windows phone will also be upgraded to "BLUE" (similar to windows blue on desktop PC's). I'm just a little bit concern on this given the fact that Windows Phone is still Fresh. Will current gen of windows phone's be upgraded to Windows phone blue or it will be just windows phone 7.8 on 2010 win phone devices. (where they just add the feature of having different sizes of live tiles?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    Hi !

I just came a cross a blog saying that windows phone will also be upgraded to "BLUE" (similar to windows blue on desktop PC's). I'm just a little bit concern on this given the fact that Windows Phone is still Fresh. Will current gen of windows phone's be upgraded to Windows phone blue or it will be just windows phone 7.8 on 2010 win phone devices. (where they just add the feature of having different sizes of live tiles?

Thanks !
    What blog?
    But my guess is based on what I've read is that current Windows Phone 8 devices, will go blue while 7.8 devices will not. But what blog are you reading?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yeah sorry that's a typo error for much clearer. Will current windows phone go blue or just like on windows phone 7.8 which is partially windows phone 8 with the creation of the different live tiles sizes :)

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Yes, current generation Windows Phone 8 devices will get actual Blue.

I dont want windows like pcs :( dont want the classic homescreen, just the menu with tiles as homescreen like windows phone has.
    Last edited by joelsilva; 05-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsilva View Post
    I dont want windows like pcs :( dont wamt the classic homescreen, just the menu with tiles as homescreen like windows phone.
    http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...utalkingto.gif
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    xandros9 and svenhassel like this.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    By "actual Blue" I meant actual Windows Phone Blue, not some poor imitation like 7.8 is to 8.0.

I dont want windows like pcs :( dont want the classic homescreen, just the menu with tiles as homescreen like windows phone has.
    What?..

I dont want the visual of windows desktop on mobile devices and tablets,like surface, i want something different, so... Smartphones and tablets with windows phone, desktops and laptops with windows 8... Like Apple... Mobile devices like iPhone and iPad with iOS and desktops like iMac with mac os... Do you think that Blue update will be equal for all devices? :s

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I dont want the visual of windows desktop on mobile devices and tablets,like surface, i want something different, so... Smartphones and tablets with windows phone, desktops and laptops with windows 8... Like Apple... Mobile devices like iPhone and iPad with iOS and desktops like iMac with mac os... Do you think that Blue update will be equal for all devices? :s
    There is a report right now yesterday that windows blue is now being tested on LUMIA 920 AND THE 8X and probably the 820 as well

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    GDR2 != WP Blue
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

The entire point of the Surface is to be a tablet-laptop hybrid. Downgrading it from Wins 8 to WP would be an absolutely worthless move.

Windows Phone Blue and Windows Blue are two different things, but designed to bring the two platforms closer together.
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Windows Phone Blue and Windows Blue are two different things, but designed to bring the two platforms closer together.
    Thanks God, don't mix desktop with mobile version... But surface would be more simple and not like a normal pc... I really love the w8 start menu, but not the classic desktop screen. The start menu could be the home screen. :p

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks God, don't mix desktop with mobile version... But surface would be more simple and not like a normal pc... I really love the w8 start menu, but not the classic desktop screen. The start menu could be the home screen. :p
    By "W8 start menu" you mean the start screen right?

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts
    I'm on the same page as joelsilva, i wouldn't want a desktop style UI on my mobile device...im happy with the existing UI, just want the OS to be more refined.

I do like the concept of all devices (desktops/laptops/tablets/phone) being linked, unified...but still different enough to keep whats importance.
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I thought Microsoft also confirmed current WP8 devices will also get WP9

I'm not sure this could be any more ill-informed.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    I'm on the same page as joelsilva, i wouldn't want a desktop style UI on my mobile device...im happy with the existing UI, just want the OS to be more refined.

I do like the concept of all devices (desktops/laptops/tablets/phone) being linked, unified...but still different enough to keep whats importance.
    I totally agree. A desktop style UI on a smartphone would be a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    By "W8 start menu" you mean the start screen right?
    Yes, sorry.