Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Ok so every live tile has stopped updating. Among them: Weave, WPCentral, Amazing Weather HD, Day Counter, MyStocks, METweets. All stopped. Repinnned - no effect, reinstalled - no effect, turned off, then on in setting; background tasks - no effect. I have powered off the phone and back on, I even started to delete apps I rarely use. Is there a master reset for the background tasks, anything...
    Check "battery saver" in the settings if it was turned on.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    The battery saver would only matter if he was low on power. I had the same problem. Turned out to be Amazing Weather. Once I uninstalled it everything started working again
    Glad that your problem is solved now.
    Too bad for the $$ XD

Quote Originally Posted by beachhoppr View Post
    The battery saver would only matter if he was low on power. I had the same problem. Turned out to be Amazing Weather. Once I uninstalled it everything started working again
    Did I read this right? Are you saying Amazing Weather broke your live tiles? Interesting.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    OP - I recently posted an issue where my lock screen apps have recently stopped refreshing, but I have also noticed that many of my live tiles are not updating as well. Do you have any issues with your lock screen refreshing? I am starting to suspect the new Facebook app might be the problem. Did you download the Facebook app, and did your problems start around then?
    Quote Originally Posted by beachhoppr View Post
    Not necessarily. You can turn on battery saver even with 100% battery remaining. Its in advanced options under battery saver.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Did I read this right? Are you saying Amazing Weather broke your live tiles? Interesting.
    Correct. I didn't figure this out on my own - I actually read this in another thread. And I uninstalled it and voila! Within 30 mins or so all live tiles were back up and running. Amazing Weather was indeed the latest app I installed.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Not necessarily. You can turn on battery saver even with 100% battery remaining. Its in advanced options under battery saver.
    True but having it on wouldn't stop the live tiles from operating unless he hit a low threshold. Otherwise what would be the point of it?

So - no battery save is not on. Turned on, then off just to be sure then restarted the phone. I have had amazing weather for months now with no problems. The only change was installing the latest Facebook BETA app. I know its beta - so buyer beware. Anyway - I will uninstall that and see what happens.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    It is not the fault of a specific app. Sometimes this just happens. Give it a bit and magically everything will right itself. I know it is frusterating, but it will be okay.

Agreed - I have seen it before, just not on my L920. Just wondering if there was a solar flare, cell tower upgrade or close encounter that was causing it.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Sometimes after travelling for work being in an out of areas with spotty service, it takes my phone up to a day to get all my live tiles active again...

Same here. I uninstalled Amazing Weather at the same time as these others, and then my live tiles and lock screen came back to life.
    aaa weather
    accuweather
    amazing weather hd
    collecto
    facebook
    facebook pro
    lock widgets
    lockslider
    lockslider+
    oreo skies
    united
    weatherbug
    I'm having this same exact issue. Started about 1-2 weeks ago. Nothing - and I mean nothing - I do fixes it.

I love live tiles - its a great feature. Generally I have not had any issues with it on WP8 until now. I agree with the post above that it seems to fix itself after a period of time.

I am facing the exact same problem.. but I dont think FB beta app has anything to do with .. as I am seeing this for more than 2-3 weeks. Nothing seems to solve it.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    For what it is worth, after several days of live tiles not working and the lock screen not refreshing, it has started working again. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what fixed it, as I just did a lot of unpinning, repinning, uninstalling, reinstalling, airplane mode on/off, and rebooting, and it did not instantly come back after one particular step. Tiles started sporadically updating at first, and now are doing it reliably. It's like it just came unclogged for some reason. Anyway, I have no suggestions to fix this, but offer some hope for others experiencing this issue that it may resolve on its own.

I'm now in the middle of my second bout with this. I've also unpinned/repinned, soft reset, uninstalled/reinstalled, airplane mode, let the battery die overnight, basically everything short of a factory reset. A feature to manually refresh this service at the OS level really needs to be included. Bury it as deep as possible in the settings. Hopefully most people will never have to use it. I love my Lumia 920, but live tiles is one of the main points of differentiation for mobile OS. This has to be more reliable. Once every 3 months is not cool.
    Thanked by:
    X0LARIUM, chenhogi and CrackFachry like this.
    Okay, so, there are two issues present here:

1) If your live tiles NEVER update, even after opening the apps, you might have the stuck app problem, usually caused by crashes or issues. Clear the IE history, & reset with vol down & power. Then wait. It may take a few times for this to catch, but it works, trust me.

2) This second issue is the one I just had. Its the same damn bug from WP7. Once you have x amount of apps with live tiles - whether they're enabled or not - the system can't update them. They'll update once after opening the app, & freeze again. This is solved by uninstalling apps listed in the background tasks part of settings. Amazing Weather may have just been coincidental. Chances are, any app would've fixed this.
    Thanked by:
    CSJr1 

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Microsoft really shouldn't be having these issues this late into it all. I have the problem as well.
    The issue with the limit is pretty embarrassing at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    Okay, so, there are two issues present here:

1) If your live tiles NEVER update, even after opening the apps, you might have the stuck app problem, usually caused by crashes or issues. Clear the IE history, & reset with vol down & power. Then wait. It may take a few times for this to catch, but it works, trust me.

2) This second issue is the one I just had. Its the same damn bug from WP7. Once you have x amount of apps with live tiles - whether they're enabled or not - the system can't update them. They'll update once after opening the app, & freeze again. This is solved by uninstalling apps listed in the background tasks part of settings. Amazing Weather may have just been coincidental. Chances are, any app would've fixed this.
    Is there a particular number after which tiles don't update? Is it related to the number of installed apps/games, or the number pinned to the start screen?
    I haven't been able to pin down the number, but its relative to the number installed. They don't need to be pinned or even on. Search & you'll see this same issue existed on WP7

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    I haven't been able to pin down the number, but its relative to the number installed. They don't need to be pinned or even on. Search & you'll see this same issue existed on WP7
    I've never experienced this. Im surprised to read about this bug. But its possible I haven't noticed it, so I'll keep a check on this. I have about 55 apps and 15 games, but haven't noticed tiles not updating.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast