Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Bartdog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    This guy is a well known photography blogger with a large twitter following. He's also known as an apple fan and Ms critic. Scott Bourne
    http://photofocus.com/2013/05/10/mic...-review-draft/

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    HeyCori, Muessig and GSOgymrat like this.
  2. Justin429's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    This is awesome! Glad you posted. Felt sweet justice while reading.
    Bartdog and Josh Cea like this.
  3. morpheus1982's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Thanks. Good read. I wonder what he thinks for the Lumia 920.
  4. Sanjay Chandra's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Nice read.

    But this guy says iPhone 5 build quality is bad (which is true) but I heard a lot about 8X build quality issues.He didn't mention it anywhere.

    Or Am I wrong ?
  5. chezm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    cool read
  6. Microsoftjunkie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Nice read, glad my 8x is still getting some attention, just wish the author added some pics.
    Josh Cea likes this.
  7. link68759's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    746 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    As much as I dislike android (mostly for being Java based, but I am not without my share of gripes about the framework) I think it is unfair to judge it based on an OEM branded phone. Because much like WM, OEMs put their own horrible horrible software on it and give the platform a bad name. WM was an amazing OS! But all the average person saw of it was whatever crappy interface their carrier created. This literally killed WM for consumers.

    I get that the average Joe doesn't have time to worry about roms and rooting, but they should understand that they technically aren't using "android" if the phone has been not just shackled, but maimed by carriers.

    That said, I am of the opinion that the real android is quite bad and the fact that it doesn't adhere to UNIX standards quite irritates me. All the alleged "power" of the platform is really quite limited to developers and developers only. There is a lot you can do with it, but in my mind, when I heard "Linux based os" I thought I was getting the power of Linux. Not quite. In fact, WM being CE grants that platform enough versatility that I would argue a non developer has more power with WM over android...

    Oh and nice review. :)
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
  8. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    "The Android phone is so unstable it reminds you to reboot it every two weeks."

    Is this true?
  9. rob45's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I have had a 8X (Verizon) for 5 months (IPhone 4S previously). I have had no issues with this phone. I discover more features all the time. My wife has my old IPhone and I have to updated etc now and then. I have been surprised that after using the 8X the IPhone seems lame. You just start taking the cool 8X features for granted.
  10. chezm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by link68759 View Post
    As much as I dislike android (mostly for being Java based, but I am not without my share of gripes about the framework) I think it is unfair to judge it based on an OEM branded phone. Because much like WM, OEMs put their own horrible horrible software on it and give the platform a bad name. WM was an amazing OS! But all the average person saw of it was whatever crappy interface their carrier created. This literally killed WM for consumers.

    I get that the average Joe doesn't have time to worry about roms and rooting, but they should understand that they technically aren't using "android" if the phone has been not just shackled, but maimed by carriers.

    That said, I am of the opinion that the real android is quite bad and the fact that it doesn't adhere to UNIX standards quite irritates me. All the alleged "power" of the platform is really quite limited to developers and developers only. There is a lot you can do with it, but in my mind, when I heard "Linux based os" I thought I was getting the power of Linux. Not quite. In fact, WM being CE grants that platform enough versatility that I would argue a non developer has more power with WM over android...

    Oh and nice review. :)
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    I would generally agree with the statement you made...if the phone he was referring to was considered sub-par. But its the S3, global success and considered an android flagship.

    Meh, I had the S3 and have a Nexus 7....Android is sufficient at best in my books.
    Bartdog likes this.
  11. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    This review is horrible! This guy needs to learn english before he writes reviews!
    Also learning the device manufacturers name shouldn't be too hard, ITS WRITTEN ON THE GODDAMN PHONE!

    The heck is "
    Dr. Beats"? He's missing a "dre".
    Couldnt get past the halfway mark. Maybe because i'ts 1:20am and im tired, but this "review" angers me.


  12. James Baumgardner's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    In his defense, he's not a phone reviewer - did you read any of his other blog posts? His knowledge lies in other areas. And I'm sure we can all forgive him for owning Beats headphones.
  13. nizzon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    8X has wireless charging?
  14. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nizzon View Post
    8X has wireless charging?
    for Verizon it does.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  15. anon5664829's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    "The Android phone is so unstable it reminds you to reboot it every two weeks."

    Is this true?
    100% false he is so hard out lying! Android is nowhere as buggy as he states.
  16. jfmanzo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    100% false he is so hard out lying! Android is nowhere as buggy as he states.
    I had to reboot my OneX at least once a DAY.
  17. anon5664829's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmanzo View Post
    I had to reboot my OneX at least once a DAY.
    We aren't talking about that. We are talking about the Nexus 4.The Nexus 4 and HTC One are one of the fastest and smoothest phones iPhone 5 and lumina 920 are just as smooth.Also I somehow don't believe you when you say you had to reboot it everyday.
  18. WPmunkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    We aren't talking about that. We are talking about the Nexus 4.The Nexus 4 and HTC One are one of the fastest and smoothest phones iPhone 5 and lumina 920 are just as smooth.Also I somehow don't believe you when you say you had to reboot it everyday.
    Android always seems fast the day you get it. But open a few apps and put a few widgets on your home screen and it becomes the Android we are all used to. iPhone 5 is definitely better but not as consistently fast as WP.
    Josh Cea likes this.
  19. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by James Baumgardner View Post
    And I'm sure we can all forgive him for owning Beats headphones.
    Speak for yourself. :P
  20. neo158's Avatar

    Posts
    2,595 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,700 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    He's lucky his S3 reminded him to reboot, my Galaxy Nexus reboots whenever it feels like it!!!!
    Josh Cea likes this.
  21. anon5664829's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPmunkey View Post
    Android always seems fast the day you get it. But open a few apps and put a few widgets on your home screen and it becomes the Android we are all used to. iPhone 5 is definitely better but not as consistently fast as WP.
    No. Just no. Stop it it's obvious you don't have an Android phone because these claims are BS.
  22. Josh Cea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    its soo true!! Once you start adding apps and widgets everything starts going from butter to choppy
  23. anon5664829's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Cea View Post
    its soo true!! Once you start adding apps and widgets everything starts going from butter to choppy
    It's NOT TRUE *********
  24. JonnieLasVegas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    No. Just no. Stop it it's obvious you don't have an Android phone because these claims are BS.
    I have an Android device as a backup (as embarrassing as that is to admit), and it is COMPLETELY true. Pretty smooth until I downloaded a few apps and added widgets. Then it became a laggy, slow, sloppy mess. I'm glad it was a gift, because I would never give money for an Android device, ever.
  25. anon5664829's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnieLasVegas View Post
    I have an Android device as a backup (as embarrassing as that is to admit), and it is COMPLETELY true. Pretty smooth until I downloaded a few apps and added widgets. Then it became a laggy, slow, sloppy mess. I'm glad it was a gift, because I would never give money for an Android device, ever.
    It wasnt a Nexus 4, HTC One or S4. because it is BS.

    I would mention it's embarrassing you have a WP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Would you still buy this phone
    By Slayers in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 11:41 PM
  2. Has anyone seen this "review" yet?
    By millahguy in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
  3. Reading App reviews?
    By tripower in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
  4. windows 7 a tortoise? i dont think so, read this...
    By bear_lx in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

";