Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Does clearing the cache count as a "small quality improvement"? Surely Microsoft can't be waiting until October / November to fix this?

pressstart

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
With the 2 new Lumia 925 and 928 being oled, I hope they give the music app the black background again, just like it was in WP7 and the Zune HD. I adjusted my album art to have black backgrounds since leaving it transparent or empty made it white in WP7 and Zune. The nasty gray gradient messed that all up :(

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
What about gapless playback??? I'm dying for it! And I wish they make music app more stable,I don't want it to hang when ever I hit shuffle play ~_~

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Nothing too interesting - Datasense i can see being useful if you are capped but if you are on unlimited - who cares?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The list of updates and features in GDR2 is rather disappointing. They're all fairly minor and it does seem like we're moving at a snail's pace when we have quite a lot to catch up on. Don't get me wrong these are welcome additions (I hope my carrier gets DataSense!) but in six months I'd have expected to see a bit more progress...

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It took 5 years for iOS and Android to get to where they are now. So I suggest you wait until 5 years has passed for Windows Phone. You cant just copy and paste this stuff. You don't understand the hundreds of things that needs to be analyzed and planned for each single new feature.

A notification center is a large feature. It takes time to code. And EVERYONE here should understand by now that Microsoft is focusing on the entire ECOSYSTEM as a whole. Do you want a lousy notification center now? Or do you want a notification center that's innovative, a notification center that syncs across all your devices like Windows 8 and Xbox?

My guess is you want the second one, as do I. So if you want a central notification center across the entire ecosystem, that means you have around a month of development for Windows Phone, a month of development for Xbox, a month of development for Windows 8, etc.

MS is doing everything correctly. They are doing everything the RIGHT WAY. Let the PROFESSIONALS do what they have been doing for YEARS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It took 5 years for iOS and Android to get to where they are now. So I suggest you wait until 5 years has passed for Windows Phone. You cant just copy and paste this stuff. You don't understand the hundreds of things that needs to be analyzed and planned for each single new feature.

A notification center is a large feature. It takes time to code. And EVERYONE here should understand by now that Microsoft is focusing on the entire ECOSYSTEM as a whole. Do you want a lousy notification center now? Or do you want a notification center that's innovative, a notification center that syncs across all your devices like Windows 8 and Xbox?

My guess is you want the second one, as do I. So if you want a central notification center across the entire ecosystem, that means you have around a month of development for Windows Phone, a month of development for Xbox, a month of development for Windows 8, etc.

MS is doing everything correctly. They are doing everything the RIGHT WAY. Let the PROFESSIONALS do what they have been doing for YEARS.

Perfect response.... Totally agree. Apart from that damn 'Notification/Toast Centre'. I'm sick of hearing about it. I wish people would learn to use their phone properly.... Jeez!!!!!

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

100% this! AND i'd like to add i think are they keeping notification center and other major features to be released with Blue update! So it will cause a great impact together with Windows 8!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
IBut I do feel like I'm continually holding out for Microsoft to sort some of the basics that are missing, so an announcement about an update that only includes the features announced today is a bit disappointing.

You just said you're holding out for MS to deliver the basics. But then why are you expecting Nokia to announce those basics which are up to MS to deliver? Makes no sense and seems like an obvious way to set yourself up for disappointment, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12