Question regarding Text Message app

pandalove1027

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So when you receive a text and click on the notification at the top of the phone why is it that you can't navigate from this page to see all text conversations? Unless I just haven't figured it out. It drives me crazy that I have to leave the app and go back into it if I decide I want to text someone else or if I've received another text but don't click on the notification to jump into it right away. I'm hoping that there's just something I've missed and someone has the know-how!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I am not sure I understand you correctly, but, you open your text message app, click on the conversation you wish to enter and once you want to go back to the list of conversations, just click the back arrow.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure I understand you correctly, but, you open your text message app, click on the conversation you wish to enter and once you want to go back to the list of conversations, just click the back arrow.

he clicks on the toast notification and it takes him to the message from whatever app he's in. Back button will tae him back to that app.

but yeah, there's no way to go back to messages. You can hold the back button and see if it is in your multitasking panel, but its not to hard to just hit the home button and click "messages"

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

You definitely did not understand correctly. The OP did not say anything about going to the message app through normal means... His post was about getting there when taping a notification. And unless I am mistaken the back key would not take you to the conversations list in that case.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the way it was designed was so when you are in the middle of something like playing a game, you get a toast saying "message from blabla" you click and reply, hit the back button and now your back playing your game. Designed to be a quick in and out and back to what you were previously doing, which I find much more beneficially. But yes I have had a couple of instances where I wished to go back to the threads view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes