Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Hi

Just wondering what makes you so dissapointed with the announcement of the 928 and the 925?

Its a new phone and they'll both do well for nokia, they fit different markets - those who complained about the 920 and those who are on verizon in the US

The iphone 4-4s differences? Then to 5 a new body with a slightly larger screen? Sure the specs may be increased but specs do not need to be increased because the OS runs so smoothly on low specs. Admitetly the gaming experience can be improved. A windows phone specs cannot be compared to an android phone. Look at the power the HTC one has and it still comes with lag!

Now my final point, the galaxy s3 was a revolutionary phone. Naturally, people expected the s4 to be a great phone improved massively. In the end, turns out to be a few changes.
    Just like Nokia have done with the lumias, why? Because phone manufacturarers cannot create a revolutionary phone every year or in this case Six months! For it to be so 'revolutionary' it'd be at least two years. Besides this way, they make more money which allows the revolutionary device to be improved even more.

Soo the moral is, just enjoy what you have, and if you don't like it don't purchase it.

Some lumia owners who recently bought a 920 or other lumia should be pretty grateful actually for not being outdated so soon

/rant over

Thanks for reading :)
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 05-15-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Thanked by:
    aximtreo likes this.

Global Posts
    2,806 Global Posts
    Because the people on this forum have knee jerk reactions and can't comprehend that the purpose for this is for every carrier to have a flagship 920 variant. They thought it could be another phone for them to replace their current phones.
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    pplz don't seem to realize Nokia will still announce 920 successor and that 925/928 are NOT supposed to be replacements!

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Because the people on this forum have knee jerk reactions and can't comprehend that the purpose for this is for every carrier to have a flagship 920 variant. They thought it could be another phone for them to replace their current phones.
    Haha, its not just this forum. I usually post on crackberry, do browse through androidcent and imore. From what i've seen, the iphone got the least of complaints (just from me looking on the forums)

@nes yeah you're right :P

Because people want the next generation of Windows phones.

Global Posts
    4,824 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    1. We kinda expected the EOS
    2. The 925 is a disappointment, even for a 92x variant.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    1. We kinda expected the EOS
    2. The 925 is a disappointment, even for a 92x variant.
    1. If EOS was released, people with 920 will be complaining that they are outdated and blame Nokia...

2. Why? Is a solid phone and if you don't like it, you can buy a 920!! Is that SIMPLE... More choices, better for us.. Now wait for EOS with 1080p screen and 41mp camera. Also, will have a aluminium body..

Global Posts
    4,824 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnbs View Post
    1. If EOS was released, people with 920 will be complaining that they are outdated and blame Nokia...

2. Why? Is a solid phone and if you don't like it, you can buy a 920!! Is that SIMPLE... More choices, better for us.. Now wait for EOS with 1080p screen and 41mp camera. Also, will have a aluminium body..
    Let me explain myself.
    1. EOS is a niche product. It lives in a secparate niche from the 920.
    2. I meant feature-wise. Otherwise, it's a fine 92x replacement. That and it competes more with the 820 at its price point.

EDIT TIME!! Replacement is supposed to be variant.
    Thank you for seeing me turn into a 9!
    Last edited by WanderingTraveler; 05-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Divair View Post
    Because people want the next generation of Windows phones.
    ...(insert anytime prior to today here)! smh
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Let me explain myself.
    1. EOS is a niche product. It lives in a secparate niche from the 920.
    2. I meant feature-wise. Otherwise, it's a fine 92x replacement. That and it competes more with the 820 at its price point.
    1st error, the 925 is not a 920 replacement.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Global Posts
    6,923 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed because Nokia wasn't in a position to launch the 920, 928 and 925 at WP8. That had to do more with WP's clout in the market more than anything else. I hope the 928 and 925 sell well. Especially as a T-Mobile user, the 925 needs to fare better than the 8X & 810 did...or it will get killed off too...

I'm not disappointed with the phone, exactly. It's more a case of Nokia hyping up the event as something massive just for some software improvements and a 920 variant.

There's nothing wrong with the phone (well, apart from the measly 16GB storage, lack of MicroSD, MicroUSB on the top, and ugly covers but they're no deal-breakers for some people) but to build up such an event around it made people expect there to be more to it than one phone.

The 928 was just released with some nice videos and a press release and people were fine with that, if they'd done the same with the 925 people would have been fine with that too because it's just an incremental upgrade.

Nokia didn't manage peoples expectations, they blew it all out of proportion and so people (rightly) assumed there must be something brand new and exciting going to be announced. When there wasn't that bred disappointment and bad press which could have easily been avoided.
    lippidp likes this.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Look, a lot of people in the Windows Phone circle are going to apologise for these devices. Fine, whatever. Technology sites at large agree that they are simply not good enough after a wait of six months. They agree Nokia has too many products and in particular, derivatives of products. Even Windows Phone followers realise it fell unbelievably short of its hype. I don't see what good this did for Nokia and Windows Phone. It showed Microsoft still has nothing meaningful to show after a feature-incomplete release six months ago, and spilled Nokia's design direction on an underwhelming device.

If you think the S3 → S4 transition constituted "a few changes", then the 920, 925 & 928 are nothing more than identical triplets.
    Thanked by:
    Dazzi 

Global Posts
    4,824 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    1st error, the 925 is not a 920 replacement.
    Sorry, I don't know how autocorrect did that.

theefman likes this.

I think it is because WP users are the most 'whiny' people I have ever come across.

Nothing is EVER good enough. Even if they get what they want, there is always a complaint about x,y, or z. Or it doesn't have a 520 MP camera with diamond encrusted casing..... or 'on Android, it does this'....

Be happy that Nokia are still supporting WP and trying to release hardware. If you don't need it or like it, fine. Just stop moaning about 'lack of features'.
    The only unrealistic expectations are in your minds. Not every phone can be a 'flagship' device...

Yeah, Nokia hyped up the event. It's called 'marketing'!!! It got all the mobile phone press there. That was the point. Plus it got these forums talking about the new phones. Again, THAT was the point....

Global Posts
    4,824 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddeeee View Post
    I think it is because WP users are the most 'whiny' people I have ever come across.

Nothing is EVER good enough. Even if they get what they want, there is always a complaint about x,y, or z. Or it doesn't have a 520 MP camera with diamond encrusted casing..... or 'on Android, it does this'....

Be happy that Nokia are still supporting WP and trying to release hardware. If you don't need it or like it, fine. Just stop moaning about 'lack of features'.
    The only unrealistic expectations are in your minds. Not every phone can be a 'flagship' device...
    This guy gets it.
    Though, he does realize that WP is lagging behind in terms of features, right?

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Yeah, Nokia hyped up the event. It's called 'marketing'!!!
    Overpromise, underdeliver? Er, don't think that's how it is supposed to go :)

Nothing is EVER good enough.
    I don't know about others, but I want Windows Phone to succeed. I see what I believe to be missteps, and am disheartened by them. I never had an intention of buying these devices, so it's not like I'm complaining that they are not made for me. In fact, many of the points I tend to make are more relating to making the platform a truly attractive option for the mass market. Myself? I am enjoying my HTC 8X which I probably won't be replacing until the Q4 2014. I just want WP to be in a good place by then!

People are disappointed because most news sites and blogs were teasing at something bigger, thats all there is to it.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    There will always be complainers. What are comments for nowadays? I think we can all agree on that the 925 doesn't look the same as the 920. That by itself is huge and I like the new design.

No dissapointment here. Nothing to be dissapointed about. I have my 920 for the next 18 months or so and thats, that. Whatever gets released between now and then is moot point.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

I do understand that users may feel there are a 'lack of features'.

The question is: Can you use your WP device on a daily basis? Does it do it all very well and better than the opposition?
    The answer would probably be a resounding YES by all WP owners. This says that all the important features are there and in good working order.

Lack of features is not the same as having a device that doesn't deliver.
    A lot of users have a 'wish list' that they think would make the device 'better'. Have a read about Nokia Q and A on the new phones. It states in there SD card problems and impact on the OS. Adding features is not as easy as 'bolting it on'. These have a knock on effect for useability and speed.

How about having all the 'wish list' features in a WP device with all the lag of Android. Again the moaning would begin again... Unfortunately it's a trade off.

Quote from AngryNil:

"Overpromise, underdeliver? Er, don't think that's how it is supposed to go :)"

THAT is marketing. To create desire for a thing or product. Whether it meets the expectations of the end user is debatable.

If you own a 920, these two devices will seem a bit of a let down. If you don't, these phones may fill the gap.

Well done to Nokia for keeping WP in the public eye.....
    Thanked by:

WP seems to have the most grumpy users out of any ecosystem. After every major announcement there will be a loud chorus of disgruntled fans getting upset over some little thing that matters to them, without looking at the big picture. I feel like it's some kind of phone envy where they feel the need to be able to brag about their phones to iPhone and Android users.

The 925 and 928 are good phones in their own right, and without the absolute need for high end specs they are just fine. This isn't like Android where extra cores or RAM will play a major role at the moment.

Global Posts
    3,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    the 920, 925 & 928 are nothing more than identical triplets.
    Isnt that what they are supposed to be? Nokia presented the 925 as a complement to the 920 and 928 and its an improvement in the areas that so many sites have been moaning about since the 920 was released, size and weight. Now it also has an improved camera, can be adapted to include wireless charging if so desired and only lacks in storage space when compared to the other 9x variants. So I think Nokia did a good job and advanced the Lumia story as well as they could given the hardware restrictions and crucially also keep WP in the spotlight because even though it may not be for spec hounds the 925 is likely going to be a more attractive handset for Euro carriers to push as it meets their demands for a lighter device and I think it will do just as well if not better than the 920.

Especially on these forums, no one should be disappointed as we had probably the most accurate info on what was to be released from the wpcentral team. So all the whining really doesnt make any sense to me, espcially when we know the hardware specs havent changed for WP so should not have been expecting anything other then what was revealed.

However, I will certainly agree with one thing. Microsoft is what is holding Nokia back, no question. The pace of WP development is just as slow as ever and Nokia or any other WP OEM just cant do any more with what the OS supports and again MS shows how incompetent they are. The only silver lining is that GDR3 is probably already in Nokia's hands so the devices they will be revealing later this summer should meet the expectations when it comes to hardware. It remains to be seen though if the OS will also have additional updates to fill in the gaps in functionality or if MS will continue to sit on their hands.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    The answer would probably be a resounding YES by all WP owners.
    YMBJ. Windows Phone doesn't do everything better, sorry. Not by a long shot.

THAT is marketing.
    Failing to meet expectations is not (good) marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Isnt that what they are supposed to be? Nokia presented the 925 as a complement to the 920 and 928
    I really don't know, Nokia has sent a tonne of mixed messages. Is it the next thing, or just a variant? Anyhow, I don't feel the timing was great. Too late after the 920, too early for better specifications.

because its a variant that didn't add much no bump in mega pixels on the camera, no new software features, no gdr2, no notification center. Ill be getting the phone eventually but they could have done more for this phone even if they didn't change the processors or anything it could have had new software features exclusive to the 928

the 925 is the worst one imo they removed the wireless charging and the xenon flash and stripped it down to 16 gb that's just a joke and the smart camera app features have already been on the 920 since launch so again theres still nothing new here except being able to place the smart camera as the default camera app but at the end who cares ? nothing big or nothing different there either
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast