Lousy Qualcomm QC is killing WP8

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have said this before... The dismal "unter jede Sau!"* QC of the Qualcomm SOCs is seriously damaging WP8.

In my company we use and have used the HTC 8X, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Ativ S. My experience shows that devices running the same firmware and software may or may not work properly. So... either the RAM or the SOC. Samsung makes first class RAM... Only the SOC is left and common to all devices.

I strongly urge MS to get Intel to manufacture all SOCs for all WP8 devices, otherwise the lack of QC of Qualcomm will destroy all efforts by all WP8 manufacturers.

*German, means beneath lousy.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well truth is the US version of the galaxy and the HTC One also use Qualcomm SOCs and they're doing quite well. As for WP8 we're doing well also having recently taken 3rd place.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
top smartphones (at least considered the top) like the S4 and the HTC One use qualcomms, they are definitely among the best. what are the problems you've experienced?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
top smartphones (at least considered the top) like the S4 and the HTC One use qualcomms, they are definitely among the best. what are the problems you've experienced?
Mainly random quality in WP8 devices that seems to be related to the SOCs, with devices from HTC, Nokia and Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon