There's a lag when sending text messages

chucky

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and most of the time there's a lag when I try to send a text message, the lag is about 10 - 15 seconds. Its really annoying, anyone has a solution for this problem or ever encounter this issue?? Thanks.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I haven't noticed it but its possible I generally push send and then hit the windows button to open another window and continue with what I'm doing

rylapid

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have started experiencing this messaging lag, too, in recent months. When I try to send a message, the send icon will be grayed out, but the message will take about ten seconds to send. Also, I've experienced when I try to open up the messaging hub no threads will show, or when I click on a thread, I'll see the loading dots for about fifteen seconds.

Has anyone else experienced these things and/or found a solution?

Teeksters

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've experience the same issue with the lagging. When I try to open a thread I will see dots loading for about 10-15 seconds and then after I click send it will take 10-15 seconds for it to move out of the compose area. It's really getting on my nerves and I am starting to consider getting another phone.

Dave Gilbert1

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have started experiencing this messaging lag, too, in recent months. When I try to send a message, the send icon will be grayed out, but the message will take about ten seconds to send. Also, I've experienced when I try to open up the messaging hub no threads will show, or when I click on a thread, I'll see the loading dots for about fifteen seconds.

Has anyone else experienced these things and/or found a solution?
Yes. All the time. Its so annoying. Factory reset will solve it temporarily. Im not resetting my phone though. Me and my friend experience this issue. Im using a ATT nokia lumia 920 and he is using a Lumia 810 from tmobile. Both get extremely frustrated with this issue. Sometime ill type up a message, then back out to home before it "sends" and then go back to see its not even there. If it was instant like it should be and was when I purchased the phone, that wouldn't be a problem. Sometimes it takes upwards to more than a minute to send and/or open a conversation with someone. If im busy this is not acceptable.

Dave Gilbert1

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was more help on this issue. It seems to be fairly common. Sometimes its not a big deal but most of the time its really frustrating.

William Clemens

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Same problem, but now I have started getting a lag in other areas as well like the storage app, various email apps. I'm not gonna factory reset my phone for the 5th time!

William Clemens

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Okay, while looking into some other bugs on my phone, it was suggested to turn text messaging backup off. Doing that seems to have solved this problem as well! Messaging>settings> toggle text backup to off. Hopefully the problem doesn't return.

haberll

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the same issue with the message send lagging. :eck: Do not know of a solution. I have had nothing but problems with my 920. Seriously considering going with Android S5. :amaze:

Last edited:

kuzco18284

May 22, 2016
Visit site
i had that same issue, so what i did was go on setting, then mobile+sim and changed the wifi connectivity to "dont use mobile data" and it works fine now ! hope it works for you guys

Don N1

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Same problem, windows insider I think was a mistake, dangit, now I am probably going to lose a bunch of stuff trying to undo the 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss