Smartwatch for WP8!!! Finally!!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to back it! The watch and people behind it seems much more genuine than a lot of similar kickstarter projects out there. They seem to really care about the windows phone side of support too and not just an afterthought. I actually like the looks of this compared to Pebble - understated but beautiful like Metro!

I got the same vibe from it all. I love how they treat WP8 as a first class citizen (their words). And it also looks really cool, and they are an established electronics manufacturer.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If pledge like $10, just because I want to see this happen for Windows Phone and I think I would use the features on this a lot(wireless charging ! Nice !). Do you think they will around release time offer the watch at a discounted rate or would I be paying the full retail on it ?

($129.99/$149.99 is promo price saying it will retail for $249.99)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If pledge like $10, just because I want to see this happen for Windows Phone and I think I would use the features on this a lot(wireless charging ! Nice !). Do you think they will around release time offer the watch at a discounted rate or would I be paying the full retail on it ?

($129.99/$149.99 is promo price saying it will retail for $249.99)

You'd be paying the full $250.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
"Thank you for your e-mail. Windows Phone 8 is a really important OS to us, and we're working hard to make the integration experience the absolute best for any smartwatch.

We can support caller ID (via Bluetooth HFP/PBAP), notifications, smartphone-to-smartwatch app communication, music control, etc. I have a Lumia 920 myself, and have personally tested to make sure that WP8 supports all of these.

Windows Phone 8 has changed the method for SMS text messages (versus Windows Phone 7). Instead of using MAP (where text messages are sent via Bluetooth text data packets), it uses a cool new text-to-voice and dictation system. We have asked Microsoft for guidance on how to support SMS, although we may need to wait for an update to Windows Phone for rich SMS support."

Some info from them if anyone is interested.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The only smartphone companion technology I've been interested in is the Jawbone UP. It tracks things like what you eat, your activity throughout the day, and even monitors your sleep patterns. I'd have one already but there's no WP or web app to sync with.

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So when would this be release?
I click on reserve, as long as it's under 300 dollars, I think I will be happy! Anything over 300 is too high of a premium for me to buy

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I need to start keeping tabs on kickstarter stuff more often. Im not too interested in the watch for $250 but $150 would have been worth it to try it out.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This one looks more promising than any of the others I've looked at. I just hate how today's crop of smart watches are missing GPS capability and my old Motorola Motoactv has GPS builtin.

Kreyos

Joseph Davis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered one for $150. If it does what it says, that is a steal. It would replace my fitbit flex, just wearing a watch instead of a watch and a fibit flex is worth the money to me.

tweetdriver63

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused by all the things I've read about smart watches, where compatibility is concerned. I just want a normal looking watch that gives me notifications, like the Cookoo watch. First of all, does the compatibility mean for apps and other functions beyond notifications, or does it apply to everything?

BTW, there's also this one.

http://www.kreyos.com

Last edited:

Charlene Chua

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Kreyos guy here.
the Meteor was made to be WP8 compatible. currently we are on track to ship the Meteor this April, we are just locking down the ship date.
that said, WP8 support should be available on launch. thank you.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you forget to mention that the ship date of this year old vapour ware has been pushed back again to May 15 - 20. And let's not forget that you still haven't shown video proof of it working on Windows as you have with Android because you're too busy. Don't expect any positive feedback until you've shipped this mythical product and have shown it working on Windows.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte