Smartwatch for WP8!!! Finally!!

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah looks great and I have wanted one that not only connects to WP8 but charge via Qi chargers. I am just not into the whole kickstarter thing. Kind of don't trust it but that's just me.

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
sounds good, I pledge $1 lol, dont wanna get burned like I did with the pebble watch and plus we are expecting apple, samsung and google to come out with one soon

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was debating on pledging enough to get a watch, but other companies are coming out with smart watches. So, I'll pick from the options. :)

The AGENT watch is very nice and looks promising though.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
really? i personally think Smartwatch is the lamest idea...i have no understanding of why people want one.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would say that I like the idea of a companion watch. If I'm in Court I can leave my phone in my briefcase or in my coat and if I get a call or notification I can look at my watch an d the Judges will think nothing of it I can pull my phone out without drawing attention to myself and the wrath of the Judge or Bailiff will not occur! That and the fact that I am used to wearing a watch but have been trying without a whole lot of success to quit wearing one

Last edited:

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah looks great and I have wanted one that not only connects to WP8 but charge via Qi chargers. I am just not into the whole kickstarter thing. Kind of don't trust it but that's just me.

What don't you trust about it?

really? i personally think Smartwatch is the lamest idea...i have no understanding of why people want one.

So why come to the thread and post?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I would say that I like the idea of a companion watch. If I'm in Court I can leave my phone in my briefcase or in my coat and if I get a call or notification I can look at my watch an d the Judges will think nothing of it I can pull my phone out without drawing attention to myself and the wrath of the Judge or Bailiff will not occur! That and the fact that I am used to wearing a watch but have been trying without a whole lot of success to quit wearing one

interesting, fair enough...i can see the benefit if you are infront of a judge and dont want to seem "rude", but you can still stay intouch.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So why come to the thread and post?

because im curious to know why people want one. maybe my statement sounded rude...but i just dont get it personally. smartphones offer so much these days, how many devices do people need to carry at once? lol. Thats just me.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
because im curious to know why people want one. maybe my statement sounded rude...but i just dont get it personally. smartphones offer so much these days, how many devices do people need to carry at once? lol. Thats just me.

Don't think of it as a replacement for your smartphone, think of it as an accompaniment. For example, in a meeting, if my phone vibrates I can't pull it out to see who's calling - if the call/SMS/email/whatever is important enough for me to excuse myself and attend to it. This majorly irritates me and a smartwatch which shows me who's calling or the contents of the text would be very useful.

Then, I ride my Suzuki GSX-R600 to work and around the city and use a bluetooth headset (worn under the helmet) while riding. Now I can't actually take calls with one unless I have autoanswer enabled and that is not something I like doing - I do it only if I am expecting an important call. If I could tap on my watch to take a call, that would be immensely useful.

I would happily pay $150-$250 for the functions I describe above.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't think of it as a replacement for your smartphone, think of it as an accompaniment. For example, in a meeting, if my phone vibrates I can't pull it out to see who's calling - if the call/SMS/email/whatever is important enough for me to excuse myself and attend to it. This majorly irritates me and a smartwatch which shows me who's calling or the contents of the text would be very useful.

Then, I ride my Suzuki GSX-R600 to work and around the city and use a bluetooth headset (worn under the helmet) while riding. Now I can't actually take calls with one unless I have autoanswer enabled and that is not something I like doing - I do it only if I am expecting an important call. If I could tap on my watch to take a call, that would be immensely useful.

I would happily pay $150-$250 for the functions I describe above.

Interesting feedback, i can respect your input and reasoning.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating backing this, however, never having owned a smartwatch or Bluetooth for WP before, I'm wondering what kind of information could be displayed on the watch? I guess, caller ID info and SMS would be available. But I assume third party notifications can't be displayed like whatsapp due to the closed nature of WP?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating backing this, however, never having owned a smartwatch or Bluetooth for WP before, I'm wondering what kind of information could be displayed on the watch? I guess, caller ID info and SMS would be available. But I assume third party notifications can't be displayed like whatsapp due to the closed nature of WP?

I decided to back it. Look at the video, it shows what it can do. I'm super excited for this.

meir602

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
sounds good, I pledge $1 lol, dont wanna get burned like I did with the pebble watch and plus we are expecting apple, samsung and google to come out with one soon

How did you get burned with the pebble?
I sold mine on e-bay for $100 more than I pledged.
The AGENT should work on windows phone just fine, if not, it will go to e-bay as well.

wcrm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
May 18th, 2012
My credit card is charged for the Pebble. I have an iPhone 4

November 10th, 2012
Bored of iPhone, I buy a red Lumia 920 at an AT&T store

May 23rd, 2013
I pledge my $149 for an Agent
My gray Pebble has not yet shipped

December 2013
The Agent arrives (?)
Will I be bored of WP and have moved onto BB by then?

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks fairly interesting, but right now we just have a concept video. Might buy one if the hands-on later this year proves it to be a good smartwatch (because let's face it, most of them are utter crap)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks fairly interesting, but right now we just have a concept video. Might buy one if the hands-on later this year proves it to be a good smartwatch (because let's face it, most of them are utter crap)
If you buy it at retail it's going to be $100 more.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to back it! The watch and people behind it seems much more genuine than a lot of similar kickstarter projects out there. They seem to really care about the windows phone side of support too and not just an afterthought. I actually like the looks of this compared to Pebble - understated but beautiful like Metro!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb